Chapter 14

I stood still staring at him running away. He ran down the side of my house and to the street and then went left. But his car is in my driveway which is to the right. I decided to follow him. I do that a lot. I wanted to see what he was running from. my hair was just in a messy bun and I quickly just threw on some sweatpants and grabbed some boots and sprinted down the stairs. I could hear my mom asking where I was going.

"Honey what's wrong? where are you going?"

"Out." was all I had to say. I quickly ran out my door and left.  I could barely make out which way he was turning so I went with my gut. I don't have very many neighbors so I was running in the street next to a field with a couple houses here and there. just then I heard the siren again and it was loud. I stopped and turned around and the police car was right behind me. they jumped out of the doors. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster every second.

"Drop. drop down, on the ground now!" one of the big police men said.

I was so confused and scared. why are they yelling at me? do they think I'm ross? the guy who yelled at me had a dark and low frightening voice so I did what he said and laid on the ground. so many thoughts were running through my head as they slowly walked over to me. I never really saw what they looked like just that they were big. I looked behind my shoulder and they both had guns. any move I make they could shoot me. I wanted to ask them what I did wrong but there guns were right at me and put me in panic mode.

"What's your name?"

"..." I couldn't speak.

"Answer me! what's your name?"

"E...em...emma"

"This is her". The other one said.

"What do you mean?" I was surprised I actually said something.

"Don't play dumb, you know what you did" they gave me the death stare.

"What? what did I do?!" All I wanted was some answers.

"Just get her in the car." one said to the other.

They grabbed me and put me in hand cuffs and held me harshly. I started to feel tears but I sucked them back in. he threw me into the back of the car and slammed the door.

Whatever They think I did must of been bad. Usually there not this mean. well there not this mean on tv. they were talking in front of the car. I tried to read their lips but it wasn't working. all of the sudden they both turned their head down the street and bolted. I sat up and looked. I saw Ross who was hiding behind a tree but then once he saw them he ran as well. soon they were all out of seeing distance. 

This is my only chance to escape. but if I do then they will really be pissed at me even though I did nothing. maybe once they catch ross they will find out I was innocent. I nodded my head and decided I was getting out of this claustrophobic car. I spun around and tried to open the door with my hand cuffed hands. but of course it was locked. I'm mean what did I expect, they were going to leave a car unlocked with a 'prisoner' inside?

I broke the gate separating me from the two people up front with my feet. I really didn't think that it would brake that easily. I rolled into the drivers seat. dang, handcuffs are annoying and they were rubbing against my skin, and it was very hard to move with them.

I looked for the unlock button. there it was! I pressed it while looking to make sure they weren't coming back. coast clear. I opened the door with my shoes and jumped out, looked both ways and ran.

I knew I couldn't run into my house with hand cuffs. my parents would ask to many questions and probably wouldn't believe I was innocent. so I sat down on the curb. With my legs, I painfully crawled through the whole of my arms so the handcuffs were in front of me. I screamed in pain because my arms almost cracked. I pulled hard to try to brake them open but I knew I needed the key or something sharp.

I found a sharp rock in the field and tried to cut them off. it wasn't working. I kept trying and trying. up to now my hands were bleeding because I missed the handcuff a few times. I was screaming and crying in anger when I heard voices.

I looked right. no one. I looked strait no one. I looked back no one. then I forced myself to look left and saw the police men running at me with frustration. awesome just my luck. I tried to out run them because that was my only instinct. I wondered if they got Ross. maybe he's in the same position I was in their car. it was challenging running with hand cuffs so I gave up. I couldn't run forever. I swung my hands around and looked back. but I accidentally hit the police man with my hands. I couldn't breath. what did I just do? does he think it was on purpose. my mouth was just hanging open and I could see him on the ground holding his bloody nose.

Out of no where everything went blurry  and I was very dizzy. what's happening? right before I went out I realized the other police man shot me with a tranquilizer dart.