Chapter 23

Ross and I had started watching taken. I loved this movie. I like to watch scary movies and horror movies because it lets you forget about everything your worried about and I just love the feeling of being scared.

We were sitting on his couch with his arm wrapped around me and my head rested on his shoulder. we were about 15 minutes in when we heard the garage door. Ross's head perked up But I didn't move.

"My family's home" he said sort of worried.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

He shrugged.

We then heard people walking in and making there way to the living room. to be honest I was kind of scared, would they be surprised to see me? do they like me?

I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I wanted to look presentable.

I first saw Riker, then Rocky, then Rydel and ryland I and finally there parents. At first they all didn't even notice me and Ross. They just walked into the kitchen.

"Hey guys" Ross finally decided to speak up.

"Oh my gosh!" Rydel screamed and ran over to me.

"Hi I'm Rydel!" she said sitting next to me on the couch.

I laughed, " I know I'm a huge fan, I was just at your concert!"

I looked beside me and Ross was gone, I panicked for a second and then realized he was in the kitchen talking to his brothers.

Rydel gasped, " I remember you! you were so sweet!"

"Aww thanks Rydel! your perfect." I gave her a huge smile.

" Thank you! Im so glad I finally get to 'meet' you and talk to you. I think were going to be super close!" she grabbed my hands and squeezed them.

"I really hope so!" I leaned over and gave her a hug. I was so happy she liked me and we were getting along.

"Do you want to come to my room? We can gossip about ROSS." rydel asked excitedly.

As much as I was Intrigued by her offer it was already 10. and it took a long time to get back to my small town.

"Rydel I would would love to!!! but I really need to get home, my parents are probably worried sick. but I promise We will have plenty of Time to talk about him"

She smiled at me, "no worries! You free Tomrorow to hang out?"

"Yes. Hanging out with rydel lynch would be a dream"

I stood up and grabbed my phone and purse ( well bag) that was on the coffee table. I walked over to Ross, he was in the middle of telling his brothers a story.

"Hey Emma!" Riker and Rocky said simultaneously.

"Hey guys" I said waving.

"What's up?" Ross asked turning towards me.

"Oh... I just think I should go home since it's already 10" Ross frowned. "but finish your story first! I didn't mean to interrupt." I finished.

"It's fine, they've heard it a million times." he said grabbing his keys off the counter and walking to the front door.

"Bye everyone!" I said hoping they would hear me and I wouldn't make a fool out of myself.

"Bye Emma", " see you tomorrow" "bye" and "nice meeting you" was what I heard from all different places around the house. I smiled, because I was happy I made new friends.

I followed Ross out to the car, and hopped into the passenger seat.

"You know, my parents can just come get me." I told him as he put his keys in and started the car.

"No, I want to take you home." he smiled at me, I returned the favor.

"Your family is so nice"

He laughed, "not for long."

I giggled.

"Umm I think I'm coming over tomorrow?" my statement turned into a question.

"Really?" he asked anxiously.

"Rydel wants to hang out, is that okay? if I come over tomorrow?" I asked him.

"As long as you hang out with me too"

"Of course" I nodded.

Ross leaned over and grabbed my hand so he was now only driving with one hand. I squeezed his hand and intertwined our fingers.

"You Seriously need to live closer" he said shaking his head.

"I know! what I would do to live in LA!" I said dreaming.

"Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow morning?" He asked ignoring my last comment.

"It's okay, I can drive myself."

A couple minutes of comfortable silence went by.

"Can I turn the radio on?" I silently asked, remembering what happened last time i touched his radio.

"Yeah, of course" he said shrugging .

I smiled and turned on the top 50 hits. the first song that came on was 'cool kids' ! I loved that song!

" I wish that I could be like the cool kids!! cause the cool kids they seemed to fit in!!" I sang very loudly.

Ross jumped, because he didn't expect me to sing so suddenly and loud. I burst out laughing at his scared face.

"You just gave me a heart attack!"

I don't know why I was laughing so hard, but I couldnt stop and couldn't even reply to him.

"You okay?" he asked joining in my laughter.

i put my head in my lap to help calm down. Once I stopped laughing I looked up at him.

"Seriously you don't have to sing a song about me. I already know you wish you were me" he said looking down at me.

I didn't understand what he meant at first but then I thought about it and realized he was talking about the song, and how he was a 'cool kid'.

"In your dreams" I rolled my eyes.

"No, in your dreams" he winked at me.

I just shook my head and turned the music up again.

This time the song was 'rude' . I knew every word to this song so I sang along, but this time a little quieter.

~

Ross pulled into my driveway. I opened the car door and started walking. I really hope he was following me. I turned around to see he was.

I blushed. " you remembered?"

"Yep, you taught me to be a real gentlemen"

I laughed and started turning they key to my front door.

"Thank you so much for the ride! I'm sorry it's a 30 mile drive" I said frowning.

"I would drive a 1000 miles to see you" he walked up and faced me.

"That was adorable" I laughed and looked into his beautiful hazel eyes.

He leaned down and gave me a gentle, soft kiss. I closed my eyes and enjoyed his lips, that tasted like strawberries!

We pulled away at the same time.

I opened my door and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow. around 11?" I asked.

"10. I can't wait till 11" he said slowly walking back to his car.

"Okay. 10." I bit my lip and waved goodbye as he jumped in his car and drove away.