Chapter 27

Ross's POV:

I woke up to a banging on my door. I rolled over, groaning, and looked at my alarm clock. 7:03am. who is banging on my door at 7 in the morning?

Soon I then heard crying and whining.

"Ross, ross, please open up"

At first I thought it was Rydel and then I found out it was emma! I yanked off my comforter and ran to the door. I quickly unlocked it and swung it open.

There in front of me stood a very upset and crying emma. her mascara was running but I didn't think she cared. My heart broke. I hated seeing her like this, it made me sad.

"What's wrong??" I asked inviting her into my room and shutting the door behind her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I came here. I'm sorry I woke you up. I'm sorry I'm overreacting. I'm sorry I'm such a mess. I'm s-"

I cut her off. "Stop apologizing" I opened my arms and she jumped In them. I wrapped my arms around her skinny waist and her arms went around my neck. we stood there embraced for awhile until she sniffed and pulled away.

"My pa- pa- parents are get- get- getting a divorce" she stuttered while she spoke.

"Im so sorry emma. what happened?" I reached my arms out and squeezed the top of her arms.

"My dad cheated on her. that asshole. that inconsiderate asshole." She shook her head in frustration.

"How you'd find out?"

"He admitted it to us last night, he was sorry but he didn't love my mom anymore. so he moved out. I would of called you but it was late and I just hated the feeling of my family not being a family anymore, and my dad not loving my mom and my dad being with someone else. I was embarrassed and so upset, I didn't want you to see or hear me like the way I was last night. but this morning I couldn't sleep and I didn't care if you saw me this way anymore, I just needed someone to talk to." She looked towards the ground and tears started falling again.

"It's for the best. alright? at least you know that he was cheating. something good will come out of this, I promise. just remember next time I'm always here for you know matter how late it is, or how 'ugly' you look." I put air quotes around ugly.

"My whole life I NEVER thought my parents would be the ones who got a divorce. I always thought they would love each other for infinity. I didn't see It coming, they still went out all the time and did stuff together. I can't help but think it's my fault."

"What?? it's not your fault!"

"I'm with you all the time that they never see me that much, so they have more time to fight and argue and, cheat." She sighed.

"Your saying this is my fault?" I took a step back.

"No, but maybe we just need to stop being with each other so much"

"We've only dated for like a month." I was starting to get angry.

"AHHHHHH" she screamed, LOUD!

"What the hell??" I plugged my ears in fear she was going to do it again.

"My life is so horrible! ugh! why???? I just needed to scream!"

"In my house when everyone's sleeping?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Oh shit sorry. I just I'm sorry. it's not your fault."

"Yeah it isn't. your just trying to blame someone. blame your dad."

She started crying again. did I say something?

"Emma... don't cry" I came closer to her.

"Everything bad in life, always happens to me" she turned around to leave.

"I can help you through this, you still have me."

"I love y-" she gasped at the words she almost said and ran out.

"Wait!!" I ran out after her.

She sprinted out the front door and onto my front lawn then stopped at the tree and sat down. I followed her and sat down next to her.

"It's okay for you to love me." I smiled at her.

"Not it's not" she shook her head, as if she was disappointed in her self.

"And whys that?"

"Because the last time I loved a guy, he broke my heart."

There was a long pause of silence. who broke her heart? what happened? when? were questions that wouldn't leave my mind.

"Sorry never mind forget I said that" she stood up and walked to her car.

"Emma, you can talk to me." I stopped her from opening the car door.

"It's a long story" she sighed.

"I got time. it's 7am."

She laughed and told me all about Jonah. I felt bad for her, but I also felt jealous. she was in love with this guy only 2 months ago. and they dated for years, she probably still has feelings for him.

"Do you um... still love him?" I asked shyly.

"Of course not. I hated him since the day I saw his lips locked with a girl who wasn't me." She opened her car door and sat inside.

"I'm sorry." I told her sincerely.

"Not your fault" she turned the car on.

"Thanks for telling me."

She just smiled at me and reached to close the door.

"Hey, you know... I love you too" and then I shut her door and ran inside to create a drama and mysterious ending, and to leave her speechless.