Chapter Ten

~Meliara's POV~

Camera at the ready I waited for the classroom door to open. Judging by how much of a dick our teacher had been on the first day, I had a feeling he'd do anything to get out of wearing the dress for the whole day or letting there be any evidence of the whole ordeal. A few of my classmates were waiting with anticipation trying to hold back laughs. Some looked disinterested. Enji sighed, he thought the whole thing was childish and a prestigious school such as UA shouldn't stoop to such childish shenanigans.

The door slid open; I hurriedly snapped a photo blinding everyone with the flash in the process. There was a chorus of 'what the hell Mel?!' and 'ow' from all the surrounding students, casualties of war. I looked to the door once the spots left my eyes and cracked a grin before erupting into a fit of laughter. Flashbolt was in the doorway rubbing his eyes after being blinded wearing an atrocious Pepto-Bismol pink dress with sheer ruffled sleeves. It was bulky and lumpy and would have been ungodly unflattering on anyone. It looked like a cross between pretty in pink and whatever the first pink atrocity the fairies in Sleeping Beauty had first tried to make that was lumpy and had random multi colored bows everywhere.

(like these two atrocities had a baby)

I couldn't contain my laughter and ended up toppling out of my seat onto the floor laughing hysterically

I couldn't contain my laughter and ended up toppling out of my seat onto the floor laughing hysterically. A few guys joined in, I could hear a few panicked yelps from others who'd started to laugh and must have gotten a glare of some kind. Wrapping my arms around myself, I hugged my sides to keep myself from falling apart as I rolled on the floor laughing. The clicking of heels across the floor sent me into another wave of hysterics, he wore heels too!

A moment later I heard a foot tapping near my head and glanced upward with a beaming grin and tears of laughter leaking from my eyes. Flashbolt looked like he was trying his best not to crack a smile at my outburst.

"Class has begun, Miss Black, why aren't you in your seat?" He asked seriously.

"Sorry, Sir, that pink monstrosity did me a fright and I fell out of my seat." I giggled sending a few other students into hysterics.

Flashbolt cracked a smile but it was gone in the next moment, "get to your seat before I give you a detention."

I giggled and righted myself in my chair.

Flashbolt continued on through morning announcements and role call as if nothing had changed. He was a real pro to not let something like a hideous wardrobe malfunction get in his way. It was almost inspiring in a way that he could carry on completely unaffected.

"Alright, we're going to be starting something new here at UA and you all are going to be the guinea pigs." Flashbolt announced.

"That sounds reassuring." I snickered.

"We've decided to start a buddy system of sorts to pair up each first-year student with a third-year student who can act like a mentor during buddy times and help with any questions you may have as well as prepare you for what is to come during your time here at UA. We'll also be doing different exercises in class with your buddies. Any questions?"