Chapter Thirty Seven

~Mel's POV~

Toshinori kept shooting uncomfortable, almost pleading, looks in my direction as Enji glared daggers at him while eating his meal. Rei kept throwing sympathetic looks at Toshinori and scolding looks at me as I covered my mouth in an attempt to contain my laughter. Dinner was going about as well as I had anticipated. As soon as Enji heard I'd brought Toshinori for dinner, he dropped everything and rushed right home, which then caused him to nearly choke on his first few bites as he was still out of breath from frantically racing to get here.

Unable to contain it any longer, I burst into a fit of giggles at the horribly uncomfortable, awkward and hostile atmosphere at the table. Rei shook her head at me. I could hear her muttering my name under her breath in a chiding manner which only caused me to laugh harder.

Enji threw a scowl in my direction. "The hell is so damn funny?"

I ignored him and turned to Toshinori with a wicked smile, "I told Enji I had a uniform for being your bodyguard."

Toshinori sighed, "knowing you, I'm sure it was quite inappropriate."

"Very much." Rei nodded.

"You should have seen the look on Enji's face." I giggled.

"I imagine it was similar to the one he's wearing now." Toshinori threw a wary look at Enji sitting across from him.

I turned to Enji and cackled as I saw him red faced and about to explode, "exactly like that."

"What are we going to do with you?" Rei sighed.

Enji finally deciding that just scowling back and forth between me and Toshinori wasn't getting his point across, exploded in anger and leapt from his seat, "what the hell is he doing here?!" His plate teetered unsteadily from the force of him slamming his fists down on the table.

"Eating dinner." I replied bluntly.

"WHY?!"

"It's an important meal." I shrugged.

"WHY HERE?!" Enji snarled.

"I'm guarding him and had to be here for dinner ergo he comes along." I smiled.

Rei shook her head again and looked to Toshinori as he finished his plate, "would you like seconds?"

"Ah, no thank you, I couldn't eat another bite." Toshinori offered her one of his golden boy smiles, "it was delicious, thank you."

Rei smiled. "You're welcome, and you can join us anytime you like."

"No he can-!" Enji raised his voice but cut off as I shot him a threatening look as Rei jumped, triggered by his tone aimed at her. "...sorry..." He murmured softly as I gripped my chopsticks tight enough they snapped in half.

Rei noticed my fury and offered Enji a small smile, "it's alright."

Toshinori, growing uncomfortable by the tension between my spouses, spoke up to shift the topic, "Mel, you seemed interested in the information we'd collected on The League of Villains-."

Enji cut him off and threw me a curious look, "what for? You're not going after them."

"I'd like to see you try and stop me from doing anything I want to do." I shot at him menacingly, "I don't particularly care to take them down seeing as my son has joined forces with them." I shrugged.

"WHAT?!" Rei, Toshinori and Enji gaped at me.

I shrugged again and picked at my food with my now much smaller chopsticks. I wasn't quite sure how they would react. My body was tense as I waited for them to respond in some way.