Chapter Thirty Six

~Mel's POV~

Early Monday morning, as I was getting ready for my first day as the Boy Scout's bodyguard, I was struck with a hilarious idea. I tucked the outfit I had intended to wear into my bag and put on a skimpy maid costume I'd found buried in the back of the closet. The thing was practically an antique, it had been in there since before I'd died. I'd been saving it to treat Enji to some of his silly fantasies, but had never gotten the chance since I'd been captured.

I knew Enji would still be in the dining room since he'd agreed to take Shoto to school as he'd stayed at home over the weekend. Wiping the smirk off my face, I put on a nonchalant expression and sauntered into the dining room in the skimpy maid costume. Rei and Fuyumi reacted with lightning fast reflexes and hurriedly shielded Shoto's eyes. Natsuo got the full effect and choked on his cereal before toppling out of his chair. Enji's eyes grew wide, his face flushed scarlet whether from anger or something else, I wasn't entirely sure and he proceeded to inhale his coffee and choke.

"WHAT THE- HELL ARE YOU- WEARING?!" Enji roared between coughs.

"Huh?" I asked in as unaffected a tone as I could manage, "it's my bodyguard uniform." I smiled innocently.

Rei bit her lip to keep from laughing.

Fuyumi choked on a giggle and hurriedly pretended to look at the ceiling so as not to incur her father's wrath.

"WHAT?!" Enji was ready to blow a fuse.

"Something wrong?" I asked with a grin as I leaned over the table causing the already short skirt to ride up higher.

"Mel." Rei sighed while shaking her head at me. There was a faint flush to her cheeks as she looked over my current skimpy attire.

Shoto continued eating his breakfast quietly while being blindfolded by his mother and sister as if this was a normal occurrence.

"You're. Not. Leaving. The. House. Looking. Like. That." Enji seethed.

"But, it's my uniform." I fluttered my long lashes innocently.

Natsuo finally recovered and got up off the floor wiping cereal off his shirt. "Aunt Mel, anyone tell you, you look pretty smoking for your age?"

"I knew you were my favorite." I grinned.

"Hey!" Fuyumi and surprisingly Shoto protested.

"Mel!" Rei scolded me, "you're not supposed to have favorites."

"I don't." I threw Natsuo a sly wink and he chuckled.

"I saw that." Fuyumi shot.

"Saw what?" I smiled innocently as Enji stomped toward me.

"Bedroom. Now." Enji growled through gritted teeth.

"Enji, not in front of the children." I feigned a gasp.

Rei and Fuyumi laughed as Natsuo grimaced in disgust with a quiet 'ew'.

"...now..." Enji breathed in a deadly calm voice causing me to giggle and skip away.

As I skipped away I faintly heard Shoto mention in the most casual of voices that he still had to get to school which nearly sent Fuyumi into a fit of hysterical laughter. Before I made it down the hall I heard Rei laughing and saying she'd make sure he got to school on time.

"You should have seen the look on your face." I giggled once I reached the bedroom and turned to face my irate husband. His face was still flushed red and contorted with rage, "yeah, kinda like that." I pointed to his current expression.