9 ~ thank you lisa

Zacznij od początku

But Lisa would never say that to her.

When they arrived the teacher looked them over. "I said be here in five, not ten girls."

"We're sorry. Chaeyoung couldn't get into her locker so I gave her some of my clothes." Lisa said. "Won't happen again."

"Alright... well thank you Lisa. For sharing." He gave Lisa a brief smile before turning to her.

"And Chaeyoung? Maybe get someone to break that lock?" He raised a brow. "If you would show up everyday like you're supposed to, maybe you would have been able to remember your code." 

He then turned and watched the other students as they ran by.

"Don't mind him. I'm proud of you." Lisa said while starting their walk. Keeping a slow pace together, side by side.

Chaeyoung could tell Lisa didn't like walking as slow as they were. She started bouncing a bit with her steps. She felt bad making Lisa be a slowpoke.

It was obvious Lisa was fit. Chaeyoung saw flashes of her body again. She shut her eyes trying to block it out. Opening them, she turned to Lisa.

"Lisa?"

She looked at her and smiled. "Yes Chaeyoung?"

Chaeyoung just gestured forward with her head. "What?" Lisa asked. Not understanding. Chaeyoung gestured again. Looking at students as they ran by.

"Oh. I'm okay. Really." She gave her a warm expression. Chaeyoung just sighed, making Lisa smile as she leaned into her side. "Okay. I'll run one lap how's that?"

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Okay be right back!" Lisa shouted as she quickened her pace. Her long legs carrying her away.

Even though letting her run was Chaeyoung's idea, she couldn't help but feel like she missed her once she left.

There's something you do to me Lisa.

~

Chaeyoung was walking home from school. She was replaying Lisa over and over in her head. It was stupid.

She had ran another lap before walking the rest of the way with her on the track. They were the last ones to complete the mile, of course.

Well technically only Chaeyoung was because Lisa had lapped her twice. She was sort of sad when the class finished because she didn't have Lisa to listen to.

Lisa was good at keeping a conversation, which was nice because Chaeyoung was horrible at talking in general.

But with Lisa being chatty and her being quiet, they actually seemed kind of... perfect? Like they were made for each other?

Chaeyoung stopped and shook her head. Why would she think that? She didn't like her... not like that. Lisa was nice though. A friend?

She would have kept walking to the camp, but she noticed the library. "Music." She whispered to herself.

Upon entering, she got her usually stares. She ignored them and walked to one of the computers.

Chaeyoung pulled out her shitty pair of headphones she stole and plugged them in. Needing to turn the computers volume up on full just to hear the music.

She YouTubed her go to album. 'WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? By Billie Eilish.

Every time she read the title, it sounded like she was yelling it. Chaeyoung pressed play and listened through the songs. Closing her eyes.

She woke up to the feeling of someone tapping her shoulder. Opening her eyes and looking up to the librarian.

"Sorry, but there's a group coming that will need the computers." She spoke. But Chaeyoung could tell that she wasn't sorry.

Chaeyoung sat up, accepting the lie from the librarian. They always would lie to her when they wanted her to leave.

She looked to the screen and noticed the whole album had played through. She must have fallen asleep at some point during her listening.

After removing her headphones. Chaeyoung left the library. The sun was lower now. It must have been a couple hours later.

Chaeyoung looked back at the building before continuing the rest of the way to camp.

Another forty minutes went by as she walked down the street. The road soon turned into more gravel than concrete the closer she got.

That reason was exactly why she couldn't listen to music as much as she wanted to anymore. They always wanted her to leave because her presence made people uncomfortable.

It's not like she did drugs while she was in there. Speaking of drugs... she felt like she needed one.

When she got back to the campground, Chaeyoung noticed how dirty it was. There were trash in several sites, and the bin was over flowing.

People must have had a party then dipped. She sighed and went to her trailer. Changing and making her way back out towards the mess.

She didn't forget her daily dose of sadness and relaxation though. Chaeyoung felt it in her pocket as she walked. She'd take it after the garbage.

Chaeyoung placed the last piece of trash into the bag and carried all four of them to her cart. Driving it up to her dump site. The back of a semi, that was taken down to the plant once a week by who knows.

After doing so, she drive back down, past the camp sites and up a small road. Pulling off and parking, she walked down a short path through the woods to a large rock that over looked the water.

She sat on it, looking out at the calm yet fast moving current of the river. After taking a quickly look around her, she pulled out her needle and tie.

There was a certain pinch whenever she would put it in, but it went away fast after retracting it. Chaeyoung waited for the high to kick in.

Her eyes were closed while slowly drifting into a more relaxed state. Until there was a sound behind her.

She opened her eyes and looked around. But Chaeyoung couldn't see anything. It was probably just an animal in the trees or bushes.

Still, something felt off about it.

After a half hour or so, Chaeyoung returned to her trailer. She had a couple bags of chips that she... borrowed off people's tables while they went to the shop or water.

After snacking, she laid down. Even though she took a nap earlier today, Chaeyoung was exhausted.

Letting the darkness take ahold of her, while feeling her high get stronger. Please let me sleep until morning. Please get me though this.