Chapter 26 - Truth or Dare

Carson's house was once again filled with skimpy girls and horny guys. All of them intoxicated and vulnerable. Music was blasting along with the bodies swaying to the beat. Some of the teens chugged beer for fun, others stat confused on the couches.

"We should play truth or dare! It'll be fun." Cole suggested, he ruffled his soft locks daringly.

"Maybe, it depends," Izzy said sourly.

Bailey rolled her eyes, "let's just play! Everyone wants to play too." She used her puppy dog eyes to persuade.

Izzy sighed heavily relieving the pressure on her shoulders. "Fine, but I'm backing out as soon and things go to shit." Carson and Cole laughed at her comment.

"How do you even know things are going to go bad?" Spencer chuckles to herself while casually holding Carson's hand.

"I have my own version of the spidey sense." She pursed her lips together.

"Okay kids, let's gather into a circle!" Cole swatted his arms around trying to gather everyone to the living room.

In the living room, there is a fireplace. Carson had turned it on earlier for the people who had just wanted to relax. The heat radiated the room, a warm addicting ooze.

When Bailey walked into the living room her eyes widened and her body instantly froze. Her eyes couldn't stop staring at the fiery flames. If anyone listened carefully enough, there was this wheezing sound, almost as if she was gasping for air. Her lips started to quiver, her body started to overheat making her face flushed. Goosebumps were littered on every limp.

Carson put his hands on her shoulders, "Bailey, are you okay?" His eyes filled with concern.

She, unfortunately, couldn't respond, her hearing was distorted and all she could hear was the sound of mumbles, jumbled words. Carson shook tried to shake her again, but again Bailey still in this deep suffocating trance.

Izzy out of boredom observed the room and her eyes laid focused on Cole. His charming smile made her feel warm all over. Everything about him made her feel. But as she looked around the room once more she noticed Carson with a face of worry shaking Bailey.

She looked back at the flame and her heart dropped. shit.

She got up quickly and ran to Bailey. Izzy swatted Carson's hands from her shoulders. His face faltered with confusion. "Sorry!" Izzy spattered rapidly. "I'm going to take her away right now, start the game without us!"

Izzy hurriedly pushed through drunk teenagers and finally reached the front door. The refreshing air cooled their faces. Bailey took a slow deep breath in then exhaled. Izzy wrapped her arms around her holding her tightly. "You're okay now. Everything will be okay." 

After half an hour of silence and rocking back in forth Bailey seemed to relax. 

"Thank you." Her hands were intertwined in her lap, staring off into the night. "I felt like my skin was on fire, again. I still have nightmares about that day."

An empathetic look truly showed on Izzy's face. She could feel goosebumps remembering what Bailey told her from years ago. Izzy remembered the scar on her back and shook the thought right afterward.

"Are you sure your alright?" Izzy was still concerned, "anyways, I didn't do much. All I did was push through some dumb teens and opened the front door, you did the rest."

"You don't give yourself enough credit." They both laughed giving cheery smiles, with teeth and all. "Besides, all you do is worry about everyone else instead of yourself."