Chapter 16 - I Saw The Drugs

"Izzy, did you convince that cheerleader girl to try and hook up with him?" His cheery eyes focused on Izzy eating a bag of chips while she sat on his bed. His shoulders were down, his arms were relaxed but then his eyes skimmed over his bookshelf and his eyes looked tense in frustration.

"Of course I did. She said she'll send me the pictures of any evidence in the morning to not raise suspicion." She smiled staring up at the ceiling, it still amazed her that his room was huge.

"How does everyone listen to you?" He winked.

"I'm just loved." She boasted jokingly, laughing at herself.

"Sure, but there's something more to that." His voice was low but soothing, almost serious. He leaned forward from his chair.

"Like I said I just give off a trustworthy vibe. A lot of people tend to like me because I'm the only one who's willing to go against Stephanie."

"You're amazing!" He chuckled, smirking widely. He brushed his hair back, and got up to sit next to Izzy.

"I wouldn't say that but sure."

"Why do you underestimate yourself?"

"Why do you overestimate me?"

They were both silent for a while just staring into one another's orbs. Their eyes both radiate this light and shine like no other. 

It is addictive.

Izzy came out of her sense, her face began to feel warm and she quickly got up walking awkwardly. She didn't want anything to happen, but what did she accept? Her hands slid against each individual book on the large shelf.

"May I?" Her voice was calm and collected, her stance was relaxed but with her guard up. Her polite intend shocked Cole. It was something knew, he didn't accept it.

He gulped nervously, "sure."

She flipped through the pages of the special book and found the key. She pulled back the shelf and opened the fake plank of her wood. She hoisted the box up into her lap and unlocked it gently.

Her eyes skimmed through the newspapers and a copy of her missing person's report. She stared longer to process photos of Cole's mother.

"You look nothing alike, it's unbelievable. Her eyes look soft and gentle, a regular mother's touch." Cole's mother wore a sun hat in the picture with her smiling brightly. The sun shined perfectly along her smooth skin, she really does look like a teenager in this photo.

"I couldn't believe it at first when my Dad showed me either." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"So you've only collected photos, small articles on her disappearance, and the report?" Her eyebrow lifted, there wasn't a trace of any lead to where she could be.

"That's correct. I tried researching but I've been dry for all these years." His smile dropped, and his eyes started to loose its shine. He started to twinkle with his fingers and that was unlike him. This uneasy feeling quaked in his stomach.

"Do you have any notes?"

"Yeah." He ruffled his hair once more, "it's behind all the articles."

The paper was folded and a little wrinkly due to age. Paper will always wrinkle due to time.

MOM'S INFO
• goal to become a scientist
• one of the smartest in her class to graduate
• loses temper over stupid things
•strong personality
•"kind in the outside, a demon on the inside" -dad's words

Izzy chuckled lightly as she read the last bullet. "Well, you got your smarts from her." She tried to reassure him. "Come here." He shook his head with a wide smirk on his lips and playfully licking his lips seductively.

Izzy got up from the floor and grabbed his arm, she tried to pull him towards where the box was. "I don't like this distance."

"Oh, so you like my company?" He grinned.

"Oh shut up!" She tried to drag him to the floor where she was sitting but it was so use. Her arm strength wasn't enough to move this boulder. "I want to help find your mother. I'm the only person you can really rely on, in this situation." She scolded giving him a mean glare.

"Fine," he got up from the bed and went onto the floor with ease. His stomach started to fill and his heart started to pound on his chest. "Where do we start?"

Izzy's phone started to ring. She picked it up with a smile on her face. She mouthed the words 'it's the cheerleader'. He tried covering his mouth to stop himself from laughing.

"Did you succeed? Did you take any pictures?" After a couple minutes of smiling from the results she talked once more, "alright! Thank you so much." She hung up and squealed.

"What happened?" He said with excitement.

"She got the pictures. We've got our evidence!"

They both got up from the floor and wrapped each other's arms around one another. Izzy's fingers found themselves wrapped his neck comfortably as she jumped into his arms. He swung her around and then both jumped up and down like lunatics.

"We did it!" Izzy laughed loudly.

Cole quickly wrapped his arms around Izzy's waist and Izzy slithered her hands around his neck. He pulls her body closer to his chest and rests his head on her shoulder. She smelled his scent and became more and more infatuated the longer they embraced each other.

===================
sorry this was short...