Chapter 4 - One Week

The trio entered the classroom casually with giggles and wide smiles on all three of their faces. It was clear as a day to anyone that they were having a wonderful time. Many others in the classroom noticed something new about Bailey and Spencer.

Bailey's hair was beautifully curled to perfection, it matched with her facial structure and pulled together nicely with her summer outfit. Her glamorous curls looked delicately shiny. Many gathered around her asking for a touch and compliments went flying around the room. Half the crowd ran toward Spencer once they noticed her long blonde hair was finally cut right above her breasts. Her split ends were finally cut—they were long over due. The crowd seemed astonished by how mature Spencer looked. It was a whole new look that should be celebrated.

The most exciting part was looking to find anything new about Izzy. If Bailey and Spencer had something new about them then Izzy must have a new asset, right?

Wrong.

Everyone looked over quickly with overwhelming excitement but no luck, Izzy looked exactly the same. Once the fuss started to occur Izzy rolled her eyes and sat at her seat taking out her notebook and started to sketch out an eye. The crowd dispersed as the bell rang signally that class has started. Bailey and Spencer had even wider grins pulling on their lips. They loved the attention, being known by fellow students felt nice to them.

The science teacher still hadn't come and Cole wanted to take the chance to finally talk. He got up from his seat and started to walk confidently towards the three girls. Everyone else around them glued their eyes at the rare situation.

Izzy could deduce he was very confident from his petty out-Standish walk, him being broad with his shoulders and keeping his chin up high. Classic signs of someone being confident. Izzy rolled her eyes at his unappealing actions.

"You're Izzy, right?" His voice sent warmth to her heart. His voice was soothing to her—it was hard to believe the young girl found peace in such an annoying guy.

She kept her composure and circled her eyes around the room. All eyes were on her. "You learned my name yesterday, right?"

The tall broad boy's eyes widened and with a smile impressed by her intelligence. He tried to analyze her—to figure out her weak points, but there was nothing. His mind went blank and he secretly grinned even more to himself.

"How'd you know?" Curiosity in his voices cursed.

"It's simple. You probably asked a random bystander who was watching the race. It doesn't take much to put two and two together. It was also about time you were going to come up and talk to me—you've been staring at me this whole week." She smirked and stared straight into his blue pearls. Her confidence and snarky comments were fierce.

Cole's mouth was wide open and he finally relaxed his shoulders and tense stance on trying to be intimidating or impressive. "You've got a keen mouth. That's not the only thing you can do with that thing, correct?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Cole looked extremely intrigued now. She wondered what else about him made her blood boil. She wasn't entirely used to someone getting close to annoying her at this level from just a first impression. "Your name is Cole, right? I learned from a friend also."

"Can we talk during a free period?" Her eyebrows furrowed while being raised in question.

"What for?"

"Can we talk during that time or no?"

"Sure. Though it better be important. I'm a busy person and I can't deal with anything that isn't a priority."

"Understandable. See you during the free period!" He waved goodbye and sat at his seat getting yelled at and scolded by Stephanie while getting teased by lovely Carson.

Izzy continued her drawing humming to herself. No excitement, no questions, no wonder was going through her head and her friends could clearly see it, but couldn't understand how she wouldn't be in some sort of discomfort or distress.

"How are you not freaking out right now?" Spencer enquired.

"Yeah I know right! What do you think he's going to talk to her about? I mean it must be great if it's gotta be secretive." Bailey yelled freaking out. There were veins coming out of her head.

"I wouldn't call it secretive. He just asked to talk during a free period, nothing amazing about that. He's just a guy who asked to talk to me, stop making up weird situations in your heads. I know you."

"Fine." They both grumbled together at the same time.

-

Izzy walked around from her last period and wondered where Cole would be. He didn't specify where to meet up during this time. The situation made Izzy roll her eyes.

She then felt a presence behind her and turned around quickly. Cole was behind her smiling like an idiot. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Right to business. I like that." He smirked and ruffled his hair.

"Very funny. Get on with it." She laughs in a very obvious fake tone.

"I want to make a deal with you."

"What kind of deal?" She furrowed her eyebrows. Why would someone like Cole make a deal with her? She tried to think about all of the strange details of their encounter and come up with a motive but there was no conclusion as to why. Izzy couldn't comprehend the reasons for striking a deal—especially with her. Pulling the fact about Cole's status doesn't make it any easier to figure out this puzzle.

"You intrigue me. And that puzzles me more than anything. No girl has ever made me interested for so long so quickly, but you—it's made me want to know more about you. I can tell that you are full of secrets and I'd like to figure out all of them." He ruffled his hair once again and grinned even wider than before.

Izzy softly chuckled to herself. Cole wide-eyed and confused by her action—he hadn't encountered anything like her before. Is Cole being confused? Unlikely.

He raised a brow showing his emotion of confusion which made Izzy laugh even harder. "I'm intriguing?" she couldn't stop smiling, though composed herself quickly, "you're trying to expose my secrets to yourself?"

"Correct. The deal is that I get to figure out your life's story and the expiration date for my investigation is by the end of the year."

"What's in it for me?"

"Since I'm a well-known detective, I get assigned cases and take over other cases that get assigned to me. Which means I can let you come and investigate with me. That'll help with your early experience and make you a better criminal investigator in general. Plus you can go to prom with me." He smirked widely, putting on a smug expression across his chiseled face.

"Sounds too good to be true. You'll have to weigh my conditions though," he nods to proceed, "you can't directly interrogate me and after this investigation, we will forget about knowing one another."

"Deal?"

"Deal."

==========
FINALLT THE CHARACTERS MEET