Chapter 5 - Annoying Kid

Izzy swiftly tightens her ponytail with her thick raven hair. She steps on the school property and notices a presence behind her, she knows what is to be expected and lets the deed proceed.

"Boo!" A smiling ravishingly handsome teen pushes on her shoulders with his muscular arms. Izzy looks straight at him then looks away continuing the thoughts of school in her mind. "Seriously? You didn't even flinch when I tried to scare you!" the vascular teen sways his body in joy and sighs.

"Yup. And what about it?"

He scoffs, "You always have this sarcastic uninterested tone."

"Nice that you'd confide in me with the details of my voice. Thank you." Izzy continues to talk in a sarcastic tone and with simple glares here and there.

"Really? We can't even have a small talk?"

"I know what you're doing."

"Then, what am I doing?" Cole's eyebrows went up in surprise. He didn't expect her to catch one of his techniques then completely shut it down so quickly. Once you know one of the interrogation tactics it's easy to defuse it.

"You're trying to make small talk and it doesn't even matter what kind of conversation. You're trying to understand and analyze my personality and speech process. Luckily I can tell by your face that you can't. Good luck with your investigation! But I've got to go to science." She then jogs ahead.

"We have first period together." Izzy's face dropped and internally facepalmed.

"Shit." Cole starts to laugh and his cheeks dimpled. He then started to jog just to catch up with Izzy.

-

"Hey Izzy!" The blue-eyed boy ran up to her and patted her on the head.

"If you're patting my head because of the fact that I'm short, we've got a problem." She stared in his eyes and continued to get lost in them while he spoke. He picked up on the quick temper.

"We don't have a problem then." He smiles, Izzy notices whenever he grins in the purest form his eyes fold first before his lips do. She always noticed the smallest things about people because it was interesting that nobody else picked up on them.

Izzy tried to move away from him and toward Bailey but she kept trying to move away and gave Izzy a sly look. Where ever Izzy went Cole followed, "why do you keep following me?"

"Analyzing."

"Right your trying to find patterns in my schedule." Spencer and Bailey started to snicker and whisper to themselves, light laughs and wide smiles. The whole school noticed Cole talking to Izzy and followed the same trail that Spencer and Bailey did. Whisper, jump to conclusions, and speculate.

"You're probably the most intelligent person in this school," giving off a charming smile.

"You're funny. I can analyze people but there are tons of people that are way smarter. I can tell you that you're probably in AP Calc and I'm not," she took a pause to look at his face once more to see very faint freckles splattered across underneath his eyes and nose bridge. "Don't make any racist jokes!"

"I wasn't!" Izzy gave a compelling glare.

"Sure. It always crosses everyone's minds when I speak about math. I'm always being stereotyped so if you're one of those people, I don't think I can be able to survive the year with you following me." Cole noticed how defensive she became about the topic. It made him wonder what experiences had she dealt with in the past. How severe could it had been?

"I'm not that type of person! I make inferences based on my observations and with prior knowledge. I would never."

"Good." The ponytailed girl sighed with relief.

"Good." He repeated.

While they walk to their next period class, Stephanie walks up with her bottom feeders; Adrianna and Vanessa. Adrianna's hair was always silky smooth and always delightfully shiny. In Izzy's opinion, Adrianna was the nicest of the three. Izzy couldn't comprehend how she could stand being used by Stephanie on a daily basis. Did popularity really matter to her that much?

As the three of them are walking down the hallway getting closer to Izzy, stares from the bystanders were getting intense. The fake laughs and giggles from SAV made all of the Trio's minds ache. The meaning of SAV is quite simple. The meaning is; Stephanie, Adrianna, and Vanessa.

Stephanie on purpose bumps her shoulder onto Izzy's and since she's small the impact of that force made her body back up farther than the average height of a high school female. SAV starts to snicker loudly and the bystanders start to whisper uncontrollably.

"Really Stephanie?" Anger fills within Izzy's stomach. She couldn't believe the audacity she has to still challenge her. Izzy starts to clench onto her binder and give an intense glare straight into Stephanie's eyes.

"What? I didn't even notice you! Drink some more milk I'm sure you'll grow another inch or two." The fake laughing made the Trio's ears ring. Cole watched closely but only on the sidelines, he didn't want to take any part in this heated situation.

"This is the second week of school and you seriously want to start something? I bet you're begging for some drama to start just so other students will speak your name. Attention is exactly what you feed off of and I'm sure everyone here knows that." The crowd starts to whisper more fiercely. Spencer smiled widely at the insult and Bailey tried to cheer her on.

Cole was still quiet constantly trying to analyze the situation and calculate both character's actions.

"Well at least everyone knows my name? I'm the Queen Of Wilton High! How can you not know? You're probably just jealous that I'm always in the center of attention! You really just need to stay the hell away from me and my friends. We all know how shitty you are!"

"Funny hearing that from you. You're just a snake, you use people if they benefit you then you throw them away and act like you don't even know them. What kind of human being is that cruel? You're just as horrible if you think I'm bad. Your friends all talk shit behind your back so don't even talk about how you have friends. I have loyalty and trust that's all i need to live. If you don't have even a dozen eyes locked onto you then you act like the world is ending." Bailey cheers louder and the eyewitnesses start to take out their phones to record. The sheer horror in SAV's eyes makes Izzy chuckle on the inside.

Spencer tried to talk to them to calm down and stop recording but it's obviously no use.

"I'm pretty. Unlike you. I can get any guy and you? You're just some girl who gets in my way thinking you're better than me. How pathetic is that? A girl like you that doesn't even wear a hint of makeup, basically a boy thinking he's better than a Queen? You egotistical bastard."

Adrianna tries constantly to look away from this fight but only looks back at the group and Izzy if she has to laugh. Cole notices that and questions the will for that action.

"I don't need looks to survive. I don't need a boyfriend to live. Get it? I don't need the things you feed off of. You're a leech and you know it. I'm fine with being called a boy if that means I don't become some wannabe whore. Hurry to class Stephanie you're going to need the knowledge to beat me!" Izzy leaves and the Trio with the addition of Cole come and follow hearing the mumbles of the irrelevant school fellows.

"Izzy that was amazing!" Spencer yells in awe. She's star struck at Izzy's roasting abilities.

"Stephanie deserves a beating. I can't understand how she still has friends. She's a toxic person who needs to be removed." Spencer hives fives her for that one.

Cole quietly stares at Izzy's face and her body language. She was calm, but within her eyes, there was a grueling pit of fire. The anger was boiling up but was maintaining a beautifully composed face on the outside.

=============
this chapter is super short but i feel like it ended really well. you've got a little insight on who Izzy is and how they both notice little things about one another!

i have case ideas but if you guys want to comment a case i can base a chapter off of please do!