Chapter 6 - History Between The Underling And The Queen

His magical crystal pearls searched for Izzy within a room full of people. His eyes found her quickly and waited for her to sit down so she could be more approachable.

Her hair always glistened so finely in the sun shine and so long and healthy as well. Many questions loomed over the reason for her hair being tied up every single day. The purpose of such a different action made the questioning more frequent.

As she sat down and waited for Spencer and Bailey she brought out her sketchbook that had to be at least a couple of months old to within a year old. When she flipped through her older drawings the pages looked a tad wrinkled and the spine of the book indicated the age as well. She immediately began sketching and she looked at peace. According to Cole, she hasn't looked this soft and calm since the first day of school.

Cole ruffled his hair to the side once again and walked over with belief. "Hey Izzy," she didn't look up and continued to draw, though it was obvious she heard,  her ears started to get slightly pinker. "Could you tell me who Carson is dating?"

She looked straight into Cole's eyes without a blush or single hint of being scared or tense. "He's dating someone?" Her eyes diverted away from his in that spare moment and looked right back.

A shock eroded in his eyes. His thought process was getting a bit out of control. "There's no reason why you wouldn't know. I see how close you two are. Also, you're terrible at lying I mean I saw the way you redirected your eyes when you tried to speak to me, and the way your face started to get red out of the pressure."

"You're right, I am a terrible liar. That's why I usually don't lie but since I am close with Carson I have to keep his secrets at all cost. I mean why do you think I'm so blunt? I only speak the truth unless it's for my friends." Events only got more interesting afterward.

"I assume I won't be able to crack that person he's dating out of you."

"Glad you learned that quick enough so I didn't have to yell at you." He crossed his arms and mumbled something underneath his breath. There was no doubt he didn't work out his muscles weren't too muscular nor too bland.

"If you can't tell me about Carson's girlfriend I'm sure you can tell me about the number of problems you've had with Stephanie."

"Wrong. Don't even bring her up." There was disdain in her voice. Her eyes started to stare at the floor where her legs were going back in forth in a childish way.

"Seems you've got serious history with her." He cocked a brow.

"I do, but I don't tell. There's no reason to. Why bother telling old events when nobody needs to know." Cole took into account the word: need. He noticed she speaks very explicitly about all topics.

"Very true. But you understand I am trying to investigate you, and Stephanie is part of your life." She nodded staring back into his eyes then looking straight down into her lap. She started to play with her fingers gently.

"I honestly wish she wasn't. My life would be way freer and less hate worthy if I didn't have to look at her." Cole started to chuckle on the inside. Her comments were amazingly snarky.

"Fine. You don't have to tell me about your long and deep history with her. Just tell me about her then." He took into consideration of this personal issue and avoided his main question. Just so things wouldn't be so uncomfortable the next time they talk.

Izzy took a quick pause, saying her words copiously. "She's a role model for some people and a bully for others. She's attractive but has a shit personality. She was one of the worst people enforcing the rule that girls should always be presentable. I of course could care less and decided to wear five different pairs of sweatpants to school that week just to piss her off."