Chapter 12 - Ranky's Party

Cole was sitting in the chair next to Izzy. In Payton's seat to be exact. Cole had gathered many stacks of articles and printed out digital newspapers on the topic. His eyes were focused on the material in front.

The ponytailed teen was stuck in her own mind thinking

The ponytailed teen was stuck in her own mind thinking. Deadly thoughts she wanted to forget, and all her life she was told not too. Her eyes went cold and dark, though not even Cole noticed. Not yet at least. She felt her stomach fill with unnecessary anxiety. Her hands became clammy and she lost all awareness of her surroundings.

"I'm sorry, Izzy. Don't blame yourself for my death." A female teen was walking towards the edge of a roof of a large building. Her eyes were sobbing crying every tear she could. There was a jolt in her hands making them shake with unease. The wind kept blowing her long brown locks showing her beautiful hazel eyes in the sunlight. She wore a beautiful floral yellow sundress.

Her eyes dropped with tears and this nervousness quaked in Izzy's stomach. This girl was about to jump off a roof. She was about to commit suicide. Izzy knew why and couldn't help but dig her nails into her skin bleeding little by little.

"Don't do it! Please, live. I need you, I'm sorry I hurt you." Izzy's tears started to drop, covering her eyes like a glossy top coat. The pain in her heart felt worse than any heartache or family affair she had encountered. "You're my best friend. I can't live without you!" She screamed as she poured emotions through her shaky words.

"I'm sorry, Izzy. Forgive me." The teen in the yellow dress whispered the last part of her speech. She took her hand and waved taking another shaky step nearing the edge of the roof. Nearing the edge of her death. Izzy clenched onto her shorts pinching herself to make sure she was in reality. She wished she wasn't when she felt the pain.

"Izzy, I'll miss you." She took her last step and fell. Gravity pulling her body to hit the ground. She listened to her loved one apologize with a pure smile on her face, before jumping to her death. Izzy hadn't seen such a happy smile on her lips in ages. She ran as fast as she could to the danger of her best friend dying but she couldn't run fast enough to grab her hand. In a matter of seconds she hit the concrete and blood splashed everywhere.

"Izzy, are you alright?"

She regained herself into reality again. Her mind was tormenting her. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You were spacing out for awhile. Are you okay?"

She rolled her eyes at the question. Those three simple words enraged her. Those three simple words made her feel weak again. "Yeah of course. I tend to space out a lot, you don't need to worry."

"Alright." There was something picking at Cole, her reaction was almost too good, too natural.

"By the way, are you free today after school?" Cole's face lifted his brows. He didn't know what to except after she said those deeming words.