Chapter 14 - Stargazing

Loud music blasting, dozens of people doing vile dances, and a house filled with the stench of alcohol. Izzy took a bottle of beer and sipped it all to herself watching aimless teens have fun from afar. Her whole body felt drained from head to toe, she wore a short-sleeved shirt but hadn't felt the cold nonetheless. Her eyes were heavy and drooped, she wore a plain expression, just watching the crowd like a hawk.

She came to reality to escape her dense shivering mind. Over her whole body she couldn't feel a thing, the music was loud but didn't bother her one bit. Her classmates were making sexual physical contact but all she did was drink.

Her unbothered actions lead her to pound on her thigh, trying to make sure no one could see. She felt this inch of pain, it thumped but it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough to get rid of the hollowness within. Her empty fist clutched tightly with tight tension in her shoulders. Her eyes became ever so cold and relentless.

She then found this large human figure in front of her. She was in her own bubble, her vision was distorted and she couldn't process what her eyes could see.

"Izzy?" He tapped on her shoulder with concern in his voice. His hair was slick back with pounds of gel but wore a tight gray shirt to show his muscular status. "Izzy? Are you alright?"

The small teen smiled instantly taking another sip of her beer. She came back to the outside world but wasn't relieved or felt worse. "Yeah." Her blunt answer made Cole's eyes widen and he stood next to her with their arms touching.

"When did you come to Carson's party?" He wore a long tiring smile. His cheeriness was too overdone and his body movement was too heavy to be excited.

"A while ago." Her response was candid. Her emotionless eyes and her lips were very straight and stern. Though a small smile cracked from those hardened lips.

"Wanna head out of here? I'm not feeling it today." He stared into those eyes intensely.

She nodded lightly and walked out of the house with Cole to his car. As they entered his expensive vehicle, Izzy could feel her lungs fill with refreshing oxygen. A load of strain and stress lifted off of her body and her suffocation ended.

She felt just a bit free.

"Let's head to my place. I'm going to show you a pretty sight." She gave a soft smile and him the directions to her quarters.

Izzy unlocked her apartment door and waltzed in putting her bag onto a hook on the wall and taking off her shoes. Cole looked around seeing how neat and tidy every little item was. There wasn't any dust to be seen, it was absolutely spotless. Her apartment was small and tidy.

The walls are white, golden brown wooden floors, fresh light gray bathroom tiles, paintings and plants scattering near the windows. Her room walls were light elegant gray and her bedding was white and midnight black. Her desk was small but definitely workable. He found many art supplies on the floor and some looked as if they recently tumbled off her unblemished desk.

"Is my room too small for you?" Cole's face was still in awe. Everything was different and that alone is exciting. His smile was large and his eyes look bright and cheery. She wished to look like that expression for more than a day. A genuine smile came to him so easily yet for Izzy the effort itself made her want to sleep.

"Your room is cute." His slick words made Izzy's heartbeat for a small moment.

Izzy chuckled lightly opening her dresser to find a thick hoodie. She shuffled through her clothes and found Cole's bright crimson hoodie right in front of her eyes.

Cole overshadowed her and looked fondly at her. "Wear it. It suits you." Their intense gaze felt like the world was spinning and their hearts beat together. Their eyes never left each other, they both being frozen together. Izzy knew she had to look away but she couldn't. Her eyes were full of mystery and his eyes were full of emotion.