Chapter 30 - The Biggest Tragedy

Play this song while reading. I don't want to be okay without you by Charlie Burg

-

Cole knocks on the shower door, "are you done taking a shower yet or what? You're going to hog all the water." He rolled his eyes leaning against the door frame with his shirt off.

A muffled yell, "I'll be out soon. Just be more patient! Five more minutes." She hustled trying to wash the conditioner out of her long locks. 

Cole wanders to the kitchen opening the fridge. He eyes the condiment section how there is no mustard or relish. He quickly runs over to her bedroom and searches for a pair of sticky notes. He checks the largest drawer and sees sticky notes on top of a pile of papers.

He hurries quickly and writes a couple of messages on three sticky notes, along with writing the dates. He places one inside the fridge where the condiment section was, places a sticky note on top of her ceiling above her bed, and lastly places the last sticky note in one of her textbooks.

Cole observes that Izzy is still in the shower. He thinks to himself, "how long is she going to take? I might as well go to the store." He writes on another sticky note and places it on the fridge. The ocean-eyed teen puts his shoes on and leaves checking his pockets for money. He checks to make sure he silently closed the door and thus he leaves to go to the convenience store nearby.

-

Izzy opens the door wide having a towel wrapped around her body yelling, "see I didn't take that long in the shower!" She notices there is no response and goes to the door to see Cole's shoes were gone. 

She considered the possibility of him leaving her forever or maybe he just got too bored waiting for her and just ditched her. Whatever his decision maybe she felt cold because of his absence. Izzy got dressed slowly losing the motivation to do basic things.

She desired to just disappear sometimes. She hated existing, it hurt too much to bear with. 

After she got dressed she went over to the kitchen to obtain a snack. Her eyes drift to the fridge and uncovers a sticky note on the refrigerator door. She lifts it off of the door to read it more closely, "what the hell is this?" 

The note said, "I know you're confused but I went to the store for a little bit since you were taking so long in the shower. Don't worry I'll be back soon :)"

She began to inspect the rest of her furniture to see if there was anything odd. The books don't look out of place, the couch hasn't seemed to move neither did the cushions, and all the items on her desk looked perfectly in the same spot she had left them in the first place.

She opened the fridge with an agitated look. She scans the fridge to see if she could make anything. She didn't have much of an appetite. Izzy notices a sticky note in the corner of her eye. 

The note stated, "why do you not have any good condiments? -cole." A smile peeled onto the corner of her lips. 

"What is this moron doing? She smiles to herself, contently rereading the message over and over again in her head. She chuckles softly looking up at the roof imagining the sky and the dazzling stars, "thank you for letting him in my life." She wonders about her apartment feeling quite giddy. 

Suddenly, the apartment door opens and there stands a broad man, Cole. 

He waves, "Hey, Sweetheart, I'm back."

Izzy rushes over to her beloved and punches his arm lightly. "I didn't even take that long and you really just had to leave like that?" She whimpered.