Chapter Thirty One

"Let's see, strawberry or vanilla?" Jimin asks quietly under his breath, all of us waiting for him to choose.

"How about two scoops of both?" I advise. Everyone else is waiting slightly impatiently since it was now scorching outside with the summer weather. 

Jimin grins. "Great idea, noona!" Namjoon then orders the two scoops in English.

I look to Yoongi, who's biting his mint ice cream. Offended, I scoff. "What are you doing?"

Yoongi looks to me and snickers, instantly seeing the problem. "Eating my ice cream, duh." When my face shows disgust he leans forward. For a moment I believe he's going to kiss me, something that would shock me as he's already admitted to not really liking PDA as much. But before I could fully react, he's suddenly taking a bite of my own scoop.

"Hey! What was that for?!" I exclaim quite loudly, gaining the attention of a lot of American's walking around, no doubt wondering what I was yelling about so passionately in Korean. Yoongi just shrugs with a smirk. I blink before huffing, making sure to keep it playful as I tell my next statement, "That's it, we're breaking up."

Yoongi laughs and I get a few chuckles from the others, "Oh nooooo~" My mint haired boy complains sarcastically, "What could I ever do to make it up to you?" Faking a pout, he gives me puppy dog eyes.

I hear Jeongguk and Hoseok tease about the fact that Yoongi is basically doing aegyo but I can't really pay attention when a certain reality hits me. 

One day I won't be able to experience this anymore and that day may be closer than I'd like.

Yoongi notices I'm out of it and frowns, "YN? Are you okay?"

I snap out of it, blinking before looking to him seriously. "Yoongi, your original hair color is black, right?" 

Frowning deeper, my boyfriend nods. "Yes, why?"

With a gulp, I break out into a smile - a forced one that I hate. "Then dye your hair again!" I tell happily.

"Wha- YN, what are you talking about?" 

"I want to see your black hair, is that okay?" I ask softer, scared that'll he'll say no.

He seems to notice the weird emotions, obvious by the concerned look in his eyes, but smiles softly, "Of course, I'm just surprised." He chuckles before ruffling my hair. "How about we dye it soon?"

"This week?" I chime.

"Uhm, sure."

Taehyung gasps, "It's been such a long time since you've had your black hair!" 

"He'll be like that teen from so many years ago," Namjoon mutters.

"Yah, I'm older than you Kim Namjoon!" Yoongi exclaims, now in a verbal argument about age and height that makes me smile softly. I lick at my ice cream, chuckling softly at the bite mark within it.

"Noona, are you okay?" Jimin asks suddenly, but his voice is quiet so only I can hear.

I look to him and chuckle, "Course, I have ice cream and you guys. What more could I ask for?"

Jimin gives me an unconvinced look but nods. "Why the black hair mention-?"

"Not right now Jiminie," I interrupt, "I'll tell you later, kay?" He nods, taking a lick of his ice cream. 

"So! We're in New York! Where to next?" Namjoon asks, diverting everyone's attention. By Yoongi's huff, he apparently lost their mini argument. 

I snicker, "Come here you pouty cat," I tease, his cheeks becoming a deep pink. But he follows with another huff, biting at his ice cream angrily. Laughing, I ruffle his blue hair. "Now let's go!"

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I tug on Yoongi's sleeve slightly while we're walking. "Yoongs, can we rest a bit?" I ask weakly, struggling to tell what I need to without vomiting. 

Yoongi looks to me with a concerned frown, "Of course, come on. Let's get you inside somewhere we can sit." He looks towards the group that's currently taking pictures, "Hey, YN and I are going to go into the Starbucks right over there. Anyone want to come to get a drink?"

Hoseok and Jimin volunteer, everyone else saying they'll wait there or catch up after a few more pictures. With a nod from Yoongi, us four make our way to the store. 

I have to blink to stop myself from getting more dizzy, already so from how nauseous I feel but also from all the heat. 

"Sweetheart, we're almost there," Yoongi whispers quietly. I just give a small nod.

When we enter the small cafe, it's a blessing and a curse. The air conditioning gives almost instant relief from the heat but the smell of food is the breaking point in my ability to hold my vomit. Instantly, I run to where I think the bathrooms are and, thankfully, I'm correct in my guess. Also thankfully, the bathroom is empty.

I empty any sense of lunch and snacks that had been eaten earlier, tears rising up from the strain. 

"Shh, it's okay. Just let it out, okay?" Yoongi whispers softly, hand resting on my back as physical contact for affirmation.

Soon, I was done, just gagging every bit but ultimately having nothing else. Yoongi cleans off my mouth with a wet paper towel and gives me a stick of gum to get the flavor of vomit out of my mouth. 

"Thanks Yoongs," I croak out. 

Yoongi feels my cheek and forehead again, sighing. "You're welcome, baby. I think your fever is coming back, come on. Let's get you back to the hospital."

"B- But I just got out," I weakly whine but I know he's right. I don't want to go back. "And we're supposed to dye your hair Yoongs."

Yoongi smiles sadly, "We can do that even if you're in the hospital. But it's good if the doctors can monitor everything, especially during tests. Come on, sweetheart. I'll be with you every step of the way."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

End of Chapter Thirty One