Chapter Eighteen

The next days are filled with boys and practice. I don't know how much time is spent devoted to either, but the Yoongi and I never part sides. 

After what happened, I don't think we want to.

Yet, everything seems to have gone back to as normal as our situation could be.

"Min, how do you want to play?" I ask, bringing my bow up to try and play again. 

"What do you mean?" He rubs his eyes, sighing as he also stretches his fingers. Yoongi's voice is soft, a rasp in the back from exhaustion. 

Our plan hadn't worked. Instead of being up all night, we were up all day and all night. The day was spent walking around with the boys, chatter and laughter extending into the air, but when night came around our smiles fell and we worked. 

So much that we were sweating, hair matting Yoongi's forehead while my hands grew slick with the liquid. And every time we finished playing, we'd be panting heavily. 

"I mean, do you really not want to play with emotion?" I whisper, taking a step back to try and shift weight. When Yoongi notices he points to the chair next to him, something I follow. The first few times, I tried to deny the efforts but each time Yoongi would shoot back with something along the lines of 'if you want to suffer then fine'. After that I sat down every time.

Once I land on the seat, Yoongi grabs my violin only to very gently place it down. 

"It's risky Kim. We're through more than half of the days of practice. We probably won't be able to make it. So let's just focus on the actual piece." He shrugs as he closes his eyes, resting.

I allow him to, doing the same thing.

The lull of sleep becomes evident once the world is shut out, begging for me to follow. I knew I needed it and so did it, but I tried to keep away. Though I almost simply rest into its arms, only being snapped out when I hear a call of our names.

My eyes snap open, and I see Yoongi is very slowly following. 

When I turn to the voice, I smile. 

"Hey Jimin." It's a soft call and I see him grin.

"Hey Kim! I brought you and Yoongi hyung some coffee and water. I thought it would help since it's so late!" He walks towards us and I see Yoongi finally turn to the younger boy. 

"Jiminie, you didn't have to come." He murmurs, watching Jimin climb the stage and hold the mentioned drinks out for us.

"I wanted to though. You're working and taking care of us. You deserve it. And Kim is doing the same, she's on the same schedule as you. You both must be exhausted." He hands a frozen coffee to Yoongi before then gently giving me a freshly brewed one. "Be careful, I don't want you to burn yourself."

I smile to him, though I know it's an exhausted one. "Thank you Jimin. You're so sweet."

Jimin chuckles, the sound bright despite how tired he must be. "You guys should sleep soon." 

Yoongi glances to me, and I see the exhaustion beneath his eyes in form of dark circles. 

"We should." I agree, but I take a deep breath when I see the disagreement shining past the exhaustion. "But we need to work just a bit more." 

Jimin gives a worried look though he smiles, "Okay then. But sleep soon. We'll let you rest today. It's already four in the morning." He then looks to Yoongi, "Hyung, remember to take care of yourself." The young boy hugs Yoongi before then grinning to me. "You too Kim."