Chapter Eleven

I sit at the office, my legs swinging from the chair as I watch the window outside. The bustling town moves past my eyes, multiple lives playing out and happening all at one time. Citizens of Daegu walk past, so many I'll never meet or know. It causes my mind to think of what would happen if I could meet them. If I could glimpse into their daily lives.

Would it be like mine?

Where there are so many family members who simply don't believe-

"(Y/N)!" An energetic voice calls, causing me to turn to the one who spoke.

When I'm met with Elise, I don't really know how to react so, by natural habit, I smile and wave. Though something inside me really doesn't want me to.

"Elise, it's nice to see you again." I tell her softly, regret bubbling in my stomach when she sits next to me.

"Likewise! How are you? I was hoping to see you for dinner but you didn't come." She spoke without regard, her hands gesturing to the area around her as if she was gesturing to what she was speaking about. When I give her a confused look she shakes her head, "Through the lobby I mean. Jocelyn and I have been hanging around there trying to get to know everyone."

Oh.

"Ah, yeah. Well, Yoongi and I had dinner inside. He cooked something." With a small smile I think of how excited I was when he first announced that he was cooking. It took him so aback that he just glanced away with a played off smirk and shrug. He was Min Yoongi, why wouldn't he know how to cook? It makes me want to snicker though each time I thought of those habits it confused me.

He was such a-

"World to (Y/N)!" Elise calls, her hand even waving in front of my eyes to gain my attention. "Why are you fantasizing about a guy you said we have no chance on? Are you that desperate?" She giggles at her own joke, causing me to tilt my head. 

Fantasize? I was just trying to get a grip on this guy.

"What do you mean? And you don't have a chance I'm sure." I laughed lightly, "No one has a chance. That guy is a whole other thing." 

The girl next to me shook her head, "He seems sweet. Little awkward but sweet. But what do I know?" She asked with a small smirk, shrugging her shoulders. "Could be a total jerk by himself. Most good looking guys are. And we can both admit he is in that category?"

"Of good looking guys?" Confusion laces my voice in the fact that she's so blatant with her words.

"Course. I mean, have you not looked at him? And his voice," Elise pretends to fan herself while sighing, "I could imagine hearing that all day." Sitting normally, she shrugs, "Like I said though, what do I know?" She snickers and goes to say more though we're interrupted with a sweet voice.

The two of us look and I see a young boy with a bright smile, his hands carefully holding a violin case. 

A violin case I recognize.

Grinning, I stand and gently take it from his grasp. "It feels like it's been years." I whisper, causing the boy to laugh softly. Glancing up with a sheepish gaze I murmur a thank you before then turning to leave, though I meet Elise's eyes. "Uh, I'll see you later." I tell her with a polite nod. 

Before I can take a step she replies, "Good luck (Y/N)." Her tone is purely genuine, a small smile upon her innocent lips. 

I don't believe in luck.

"I don't know if you need it, but you're team will." She says more seriously, her smile falling. "I saw how you two play. Yoongi is serious, he won't break the rules. And you're the exact opposite, you refuse to follow them." She stands up as the boy leaves, presumably to grab her violin too. "One of you has to break to the other. And it'll be the one with more pride who'll do it their way."

There's a good few moments of silence.

"So good luck." She adds after a bit, her smile coming back.

"I don't believe in luck." I say aloud, not liking her words for how true they could be.

Elise sighed, "You should. It's a useful thing." She says with a small laugh.

I don't know why her words cause a nerve to be struck, but they do, and I clench my teeth. "You shouldn't have to rely on luck if you're a good enough player." I mutter before turning to leave.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

"Good luck then." She muttered, glaring at me with eyes that were filled with tears. With a deep breath I go to speak before she then shakes her head, "You don't believe in luck, I know. But you'll need it. Especially with me out there. Especially with your good for nothing skills."

And with that she left.

With a shaky breath in, I whispered to no one but myself.

"I don't believe in luck."

End of Chapter Eleven