Chapter Twenty Two

"I think I found the piece we can do." I state, body sprawled on my bed while Yoongi tries to make sure he's dressed for going out.

He actually was the one to recommend it, saying we should enjoy the night before having to work. 

So that's what we were going to do.

"You did? Which one is it?" He asks, applying some hairspray before then turning back to me, reaching a hand for me to take.

And I do, letting him pull me up before we start to walk out.

"Well, I was thinking doing a piece by Ravel. What do you think of 'Perpetuum Mobile'?" Adding some jazz hands, Yoongi snickers and rolls his eyes. "Okay but really, any thoughts?"

"Am I thinking of the right piece?"

"Well, what are you thinking? Can't read your mind Min." I tell him with a smirk, making him playfully push me with another roll of his eyes.

"The one where it sounds like a piano and violin got into a fight to see who's louder." He describes with a snort.

"What type of description is that? I'm- Okay. Yes, the two start off quietly and get louder. And it does sound like they try to see who's fastest and who can drown the other out. But like- That could be quite a few other pieces." 

We step into the elevator, doors closing. Being alone, I play a snippet of the piece for Yoongi. Instantly, he recognizes it and when we walk out, he speaks, "See? I was right."

"Yeah but-" I stop when I see two girls waiting in the lobby of the hotel, and the boy next to me looks for what causes my halt.

Seeing them, he turns around. "Guess I'm a homebody after all, bye I'm ordering in-"

"Elise! Jocelyn!" I call, reaching and grabbing the collar of Yoongi's shirt, pulling him back as the two girls glance up.

Grinning, Elise races over first, hair bobbing happily while Jocelyn slowly walks forward. 

"Kim YN, Min Yoongi, what a coincidence." Jocelyn tells softly, smiling every so slightly. 

"Yeah, nice to see you." Yoongi murmurs, shifting a hand into his pocket. 

I chuckle, "What are you two doing? I didn't really see you after my performance, sorry." 

Yoongi and I didn't even see them perform. We left before we could.

"It's okay! We're just here to watch, we wanted to follow whoever one and cheer. Which were you guys! Congrats!" Elise says it as if she's the one first announcing, causing me to smile softly.

"Thank you, really." I tell the two genuinely, glancing up to Yoongi who does nod, adding his own thanks after me.

"I wish you guys luck on this new round, some of these musicians we've seen are, how do I say this?" Jocelyn glanced away, "They're competitive. More than some of us at the last round. Including Elise and I. Which, we apologize for. But competition is competition."

At that I want to laugh.

Yes, competition is spilling someone's makeup and forcing them to grab it while effectively calling them a dog.

Whoo.

I was wanting to tease Yoongi but now I wished I hadn't. 

"Competition can be done without cheap tactics." Yoongi shoots back, voicing my thoughts. "But never mind that. It didn't hurt anyone, we still made it and you're out of the running. No harm done and everyone is happy."