Chapter Zero

Song Used: Magic Shop Piano Cover by Smyang Piano

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I watch the flowers fall over my head, sighing as my eyes follow each individual one while at the same time trying to catch them all. The color changes as they move, starting with a pure white only to very slowly change into dark grey. Yet it never stays as that dark color for long as it quickly returns to it's white state. 

A smile pulls at my lips, my body simply drawing a deep breath to try and taste the crisp air around me. It was peaceful, the simple sound of leaves rustling against each other creating a sound that was almost melodic. This rustling also caused the shadows upon the ground to change, a dark spot being quickly taken by the sun until the leaves return to it's former place.

This seemed to create a whole repeating cycle around me, everything becoming new until it suddenly wasn't. 

I wish this peace could last forever, I think quietly to myself, wanting to capture everything yet simply only being able to with my eyes, having the hope I could remember this as vividly as I was seeing it.

Because this was a day I never wanted to forget. 

A day that seemed to tell me, "(Y/N), this where it all changes. I promise you."

And I believed it. 

Because why wouldn't I?

Everything was in such perfection that I could only ride it. 

When I hear the sounds of faint footsteps, I force my eyes off the scene around me. Turning, I see a boy. A man I would say. He walks very quietly, his footsteps so silent it's almost as if they don't really touch the ground. I watch his feet for a few moments, looking at how graceful they seemed to be. 

Before he can get to close, I look to the man. 

He doesn't look ahead, instead staring at the trees that he walks by. Thin eyes watch them, an unreadable expression upon his face. My eyes trail up to the light blue hair that was hidden under a black beanie hat, the colors a stark contrast. Most of his clothing was dark, though I could see another splash of color, a light blue flannel being tied around his waist that was under a white shirt yet over deep black pants.

In realization I most likely have been watching too long, my eyes try to find something else to latch onto. 

So instead, they travel to the building that I am currently waiting in front of. One that is connected to a walk way in a park that it seems me and this visitor are enjoying. 

This building is daunting, a sleek look being given off from its modern design. And despite its small size, it feels like it could swallow me whole. Maybe that's because of what it holds. The promise it's meant to have to me.

I've been waiting in front of this building, waiting for the very last minute to step in despite my usual idea of being punctual. 

Because deep in my stomach, I can feel a weight that tells me something could go desperately wrong.

Yet I try to ignore it, instead finally standing. 

I've waited long enough, and have seen many walk into this place for the exact same reason I have.

So, I grab my violin case and slowly rise before making my journey to front of the building that seems to hold my fate.

Cadence Hall.

End of Chapter Zero