Chapter Twenty Nine

"Yoongi hyung, come on. You can only be here for so long."

"Go away Hoseok-ah, I'm fine."

So many faint voices murmur in disagreement, allowing the world to fade in. It's fuzzy at first, all I see is white.

White walls, white ceilings, white men- wait those are Asian men.

Blinking, I groan. My head feels heavy. I sit up and look around, seeing a very crowded room with seven men.

"YN!" 

Blue haired boy, cat like eyes, pretty features. 

My Yoongi.

"Yoongi?" I mutter before reaching a hand to rub at my temples, "What happened?"

The boy shakes his head, reaching forward to cup my cheeks. "Are you okay, YN?"

Namjoon clears his throat, "To answer your question YN, you passed out on stage." He informs me since Yoongi doesn't.

I blink, "Passed out? I fainted? But- Oh."

"Oh?!" Yoongi asks incredulously, "What do you mean 'oh'?!"

I glance down, "It makes sense. When we were going upstage, I started to feel dizzy, really dizzy. And nauseous. I didn't really know why, it's been a while since I was sick."

Yoongi has to blink before gritting his teeth, "You know you didn't feel well and you still went upstage? You idiot! What do you think was going to happen?!" He asks.

Usually, I'd be fine with his yelling. I know he isn't actually angry, no he's just worried. It's his version of care, since soft care was usually uncomfortable for him.

But today, with my pounding head? I can't deal with it. "Shh, shh, love I'm okay. Look, I'm here right now, okay? You can feel me, you can hear me. It's okay. Now, please quiet down, I have a migraine. I'm guessing from hitting the floor, huh?" I hope to joke lightly.

But Seokjin frowns, "But you didn't hit the floor."

"Yoongi hyung caught you!" Taehyung chirps in, "It was so cool! Like a knight in shining armor!"

I chuckle, "Pretty fitting for Yoongs." I murmur before shaking my head. "Well, I'll ask the doctors about the migraine."

Yoongi sighs and nods, sitting on the bed next to me. Before he can speak, Jimin voices himself, "You're so strong noona! I wish I could be as strong as you!"

I chuckle at the honorific, smiling, "Thanks Jiminie. You're too sweet."

"Why are you guys condoning this behavior?! It's unhealthy and unsafe!" Yoongi complains, causing me to shush him again. 

"Please, lovely, I really can't handle any loud noises." I murmur, causing him to apologize in embarrassment. 

I see Jeongguk grin before he reaches his hand out towards Hoseok, "Okay, pay up. I told you he was whipped for her and would be tamed." Hoseok sighs and hands over a five dollar bill.

I snicker, glancing to Yoongi who's glaring at the two. Jeongguk just smiles innocently. 

"I'm going to murder you all." Yoongi mutters but doesn't add on, instead he simply hugs me with a sigh. "Will you be able to perform for this next round? You can't overwork yourself, especially with how big of a reaction your body had to all the stress."

Quickly, I nod, "I'll be able to perform. Like Jiminie said, I'm strong!" I flex my nonexistent muscles, something that earns a few chuckles. Yoongi simply sighs while I notice Jimin smile a bit sadly.

I've spent enough time with the two to know that they can see through my act. Because I don't think I can perform.

The world is still a bit foggy, forcing me to fully focus on what's in front of me. My body feels warm, most likely with a fever, and my headache only grows worse. I just want to sleep again.

"Okay, okay, I'm going to need you all to clear out of the room." A nurse tells as he enters. Wait- That wasn't Korean. English?

I see the name Mark Tuan on the badge. First name first, family name last.

I smile and wave to the group as they start to slowly filter out. "You'll be able to visit tomorrow, thank you for visiting our patients." He tells a bit more softly.

Though instantly that softness leaves when he sees Yoongi still clinging onto me. "Sir, I'm going to need you to leave too."

Yoongi glances to the nurse, "Can I please stay? I'm her boyfriend, I-" Even Yoongi is speaking in English.

"Please, Yoongi, I'm going to need you to leave." 

Yoongi sighs before looking to me. He presses a quick kiss to my temple before standing up, "I'll be here if you need me, YN. Please don't try to be strong by yourself." He whispers before leaving.

I gulp once I'm alone with Mark. "Uhm, excuse me, can I ask where we are?" I whisper, obviously noticing the use of English once Mark had entered.

"New York hospital, apparently where this competition thing is being held. You were asleep for a very long time, enough for us to realize you were stable and transport you. But we'll need to conduct tests before you can be admitted out of the hospital." Mark informs me with a soft sigh.

"What- But wasn't this just a fever?" 

"YN, I believe it's something much more but as I said we need to do some tests. But we couldn't go ahead without paperwork." The doctor clears his throat before sitting down in what would usually be the visitors chair. "I'm going to be honest, depending on how these tests go, you may have to be in the hospital for several weeks."

Another gulp. "But- The competition-"

"I don't believe the competition should be your main worry, YN."

End of Chapter Twenty Nine