Chapter Twenty Six

Yoongi simply sits there, eyes wide open and cheeks aflame. At least, that's how I find him when I open my eyes from the attempt of a kiss. My own cheeks heat up and I pull away.

"I'm sorry, I- I didn't even ask- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to force that on you, I just- The moment felt right and I-I guess I read the situation wrong-" My babbling is cut off when Yoongi leans forward, a hand cupping my cheek.

"Hey, woah, calm down. I'm not mad, I was just surprised." He tells gently.

I laugh nervously, "Sorry. I, uhm, still- I didn't mean to just do that. I didn't even ask if you wanted to kiss and I don't even know if you can kiss- I mean if you've kissed someone before! I'm sure you can kiss, I mean it's you- Not that I've that about it before! But you know when-"

I hear him sigh before he leans forward, "YN, can I kiss you?" Slowly lowering my voice til I'm no longer talking, I try to understand the question. Yoongi chuckles and I think I see a light smirk form upon his lips. "I asked, can I kiss you?"

Slowly, I nod, the action so slight I wonder if Yoongi can actually tell. Apparently he does because slowly, he leans in, gently pressing his lips to mine. He doesn't close his eyes, instead keeping his gaze on mine and even being brave enough to raise a brow.

"You know, I need you to help. Kissing is a two way thing." Yoongi whispers teasingly, his lips grazing mine when he speaks.

The sarcastic comment snaps me out of my daze and I can't help the smile that finds its way onto my expression. "I could've said the same thing to you earlier." 

"So, are we going to actually kiss now? Because I'm sure some people have been waiting a little too long for this." Yoongi taunts, making me huff. Though I look away, a bit uneasy.

"Okay, but uhm, one little tell? I don't know how to kiss. . ." I whisper, cheeks becoming warm. "It's kind of why I didn't respond right away."

The blue haired boy smiles softly, "Cute." He whispers quietly. All he gets in response is some stuttering before he laughs quietly. "Just follow my lead okay? I promise I won't try and do anything complicated. It's just a simple kiss, don't overthink it."

"O-Okay. But, can you like- Can you close your eyes?" 

"Only if you close yours too."

"Deal." 

Right as I get the word out, Yoongi fully kisses me, eyes fluttering to a close. I close my eyes too, trying to focus on how his lips move and follow the movements. But it's hard, counting as I'm distracted with how gentle Yoongi is being.

His lips barely graze mine, moving slowly, and his hand is still rested on my cheek, his thumb lightly brushing over the skin. It's quiet in the room, a bit too quiet and it's something that makes me a bit on edge. I also have no idea what to do with my hands. Do I keep them by my side, do I reach for him? 

"Don't be too in your mind, it's okay. You won't do anything wrong, I promise." Yoongi whispers softly in between kisses. 

"S-Sorry. I just feel hyper aware of everything." An awkward chuckle is forced out.

I feel Yoongi smile from the sound, "That's fine, is there a reason?"

"It, uh - Gosh this sounds so stupid - it feels too quiet and I don't know what to do with my hands." I admit, pulling back slightly and opening my eyes to actually look at him. When I do, I see that his eyes are already open.

Were they open the whole time? We had a deal!

Yoongi hums and reaches for his phone, "It's not stupid. There's preferences, you know." He types something, and I'm wondering if the moment is over. 

Did he stop because I told him I felt awkward? Oh stars, what if I made him feel bad. 

Can I just curl up in a hole and die?

"Here, this should help the silence." Yoongi murmurs and instantly afterwards, I hear the sound of classical music. A piano and violin duet. I can't help but smile. "As for what to do, just try and see what feels right. It's okay if you move around a bit, as long as you're not, you know." He clears his throat.

"You know?" I repeat, because no, I do not know.

"Just keep your hands from my stomach up, yeah?" He adds, and it finally clicks.

"Oh! Uh, yeah." I rub the back of my neck. I swear I feel the heat of my blush even there.

Yoongi shakes his head with an amused smile before leaning forward, "Take three?" When I nod, he takes holds my chin this time, taking it by his thumb and forefinger. Tilting his head, he initiates a third kiss. 

It's a bit easier to follow and a lot easier to relax with background noise. Now to just not be a statue. Hesitantly, I reach out and wrap my arms around Yoongi's neck. I can slightly feel the tufts of his blue hair against the edge of my hand and, with only a second to think before, I take one hand to run through them.

Yoongi sighs softly in response. Smiling for the fact that I did something right, I try and experiment more by lightly tugging on the locks. This earns a hum and I can't help but chuckle. This time to tease, I purposely tug on his hair with more force. 

He snickers and breaks the kiss, "Are you trying to make me bald?" He asks though he doesn't sound annoyed, instead he sounds more teasing. 

"If it's not me, it'll be the hair dye." I tell, almost giggling.

Giggling.

Gross. 

Yoongi shakes his head, "Well, you followed the one rule so I'll let it slide." He chuckles when I roll my eyes, muttering his words under my breath. "I just taught you how to kiss and this is how you repay me?"

"I-" I try to find something to refute back with but really I'm too happy and too embarrassed at the same time. "Shut your mouth."

"Uhuh, okay. Well, I believe we go back to the hotel room and take a break. We're frying our brains by playing all day like this. How about we actually get dressed and head to lunch?" Yoongi offers, standing before reaching out his hand to help me up.

"I'm good with that!"

Smiling, Yoongi tells, "Then let's go."

End of Chapter Twenty Six

I HATE THIS CHAPTER HNGGHH