Chapter One

Stepping into Cadence Hall is very similar to stepping into a corporate building. The area is clean, floors shining and causing an echo to travel through the tall space for every time your heels make contact with it. A lounge area is what greets me too, small one person couches being set in a square fashion for anyone who wishes to wait.

I'm not surprised when I see people already taking the space that is meant for visitors, name tags on their chests along with numbers. There's enough people to take up most of the space, many standing off to the sides in groups or completely solo. 

I suppose I should join them. But first, I need a name tag. 

Quickly, I make my way through the crowd, occasionally murmuring a sorry when I feel someone bump into my violin case. Or when I bump them with it. I can't really tell, but most are kind enough to simply say sorry too. 

Finally, I'm in front of the receptionist desk, seeing a woman named 'Marsha'. She's young, an intern maybe. Pulled back is her hair, little wisps flying out. The lack of hair around her face makes it so her eyes seem wide, bright blue crystal like colors being shown off to the world. It's almost innocent looking, her smile with thin lips not helping the sight.

"Hey, uh, I'm here for the event that's being held today." I inform her, wearing a smile back. 

Quickly she nods and grabs an item from under the desk that I don't doubt is my name tag. Marsha writes something on there with Sharpie, the chemical smell hitting my nose instantly. 

She then gives me the tag along with instructions, "I have written down what number entry you are. They will call by who came first to who arrived last. The time is also on there, we're trying to document this for safety reasons. Thank you for participating in the event of Cadence Hall! Good luck!"

I tell her thank you, also adding on to have a good day, before then leaving to simply join those who stand by themselves. A good half of the participants have cases in their hands just like me, and those who don't I don't doubt have items that are much too heavy to actually bring. After all, the hall promised to provide ones that were simply impossible to take with you.

I hear the door open again and I quickly check the time on my phone. It's 9:59, the event starting at 10:00. Huh, this person was really late. I came in at '55 and I thought I was really stretching it. 

Oh!

I should put my tag on too.

With a sheepish smile I slip my phone back into my pocket of my thin sweater and pin the tag into my shirt. I'm a bit sad too. I dressed nice for this event meaning this is one of more nicer shirts. A blouse that's tucked into my skirt which was the nicest thing I had next to a dress.

Kim (Y/N). 

The handwriting on my tag is so pretty. My name is written in cursive, the lines so sure it made you want to appreciate it. At least, it made me want to appreciate it.

But before I truly can someone clears their throat. 

I look up, seeing Marsha trying to make everyone be quiet. Which she succeeds doing so, the girl smiling when she does. "Welcome! I'm glad you are all here. The time has ran out for anyone to enter, so it's time to start. Can you please follow me? I'll be showing the room you will be waiting in." She starts to walk before anyone can give a reaction, but we all follow anyways.

I glance to everyone, who are all wearing such serious expressions. 

Would everyone be like this?

I pursed my lips before shaking my head.

It didn't matter. What mattered is I made it.

The thought made a new set of adrenaline rush through me, my mind determined to really show everyone they were wrong about me. That I would do this. I had enough talent and passion.

It had to be enough.

"Now, as explained earlier, you will all go in order of who came first. The room has complimentary snacks and drinks for the time you will wait. There is also an area where you can watch the performances if you would like to. There's directions to the top seats by the door. The results will be given in a day or two." Marsha explains as we walk, stopping in front of door that's a very deep brown. 

I wonder what wood it is.

She walks in, leading us into a carpeted room with even more seats and a table with small snacks and drinks. "The first to go up please follow me." And with that she left, taking who I guess was a violinist by the case they held.

I don't sit down, instead I look for the directions that Marsha mentioned. When I see them I brighten, bringing my phone out to take a picture so I wouldn't get lost. The bathrooms were also pointed out. 

Good! I could stop by there before I actually go to see the performances. 

I give one glance to everyone around me, sighing.

I would make it.

With that last thought, I left.

End of Chapter One