I Surrender Your Honor(50)

Aries POV

I was uncomfortably sitting on the cold floor, tempted to get up but Gemini's resting body laying on my thighs forced me not to. We were trespassing a hospital, yeah, a damn hospital, not just any hospital but the palaces' private hospital where only the privileged could afford the best medication.

It was a weirdly sad scene seeing a family of stars bawling their eyes out for a patient who's time to burst was nearby.

I felt my heart thumping loudly when a patient and a nurse walked by in the dark hallway, the girl coughed loudly and I winced at her pain to breathe properly. I was tucked behind the counters where the nurses attend any visiting family members so I couldn't see them and yet I knew her.

"Will I get...better?" The silence that followed after was unbearably long but her answer was more of a task to endure.

"With the average rate of pollution increasing each year, mind you the human population, I'd find it impossible unless everyone actually cooperates to take care of the home they all share. I'm not saying it's a dead end from there...actually don't worry, you've got millions of years ahead of you!" At that moment I regretted every item I had littered away but just wished they'd find an exit as soon as possible.

"Maybe that's why no one cares enough, it makes sense. Why care to do as much as pick trash from he ground when it's not like the affect of pollution or global warming will do as much damage to your lifetime as it will in others?"

Wow, talk about guilt.

"It's a sad case indeed."

"I'm tired of constantly roaming these halls."

When the click of the door was heard, I let myself breathe and stroke the remains of Gemini's hair or head. Because of his head injuries he suffered, Pisces decided to turn the poor boy bald. My eyes were red and my cheeks were puffy but the sight of a bald Gemini that day had me in a fit of both loud cries and hysterical laughter.

After two weeks though, he had more of a buzz cut now and surprisingly he looked rather good looking, way older, but a rebellious kind of vibe good looking.

I felt a bit of sadness creeping over me again when I realized that even after healing his broken bones and sprains, he wouldn't wake up and wasn't showing signs of it either. Without medical supplies or an operating machine to keep his heart functioning, Virgo was constantly restoring his energy with his own or trying to generate as much as possible. It would wear him out though leaving Virgo deprived of any will to do anything.

"We have got to go!" I flinched at the hushed voice yelling at me, if it wasn't for the sudden emergency that meant I had to get up I would have definitely smacked her.

Accidentally of course.

"What!?"

"I was caught Aries if would you like the, I don't know maybe ninety damn guards chasing my ass to tell you why then I suggest you get up!" Carefully, despite her impatience with me, I lifted Gemini's head and positioned myself to place him on my shoulder.

Despite his heavy weight loss, he was still quite heavy.

After she shook Virgo awake, we were speed walking out the way we came from. It was a miracle enough we didn't get caught.

Not that Pisces was dramatic or anything but there was really only one guard after us and he was a short fella.

We waited in utter silence for a while before heading to the lobby and actually finding an exit since someone wasn't very good with directions. I was ready to rush Pisces out the door but felt myself sympathize when Cancer's name appeared in big bold letters on the screen above us.