A Life For a Life(48)

Virgo POV

I sat silently next to Pisces, watching her hands cure Gemini from a fatal loss of blood. Flashbacks of the scenes that day repeatedly struck me. I always imagined there would be certain sacrifices and a price to pay in order to keep standing but I always thought we'd be fine afterwards.

It was a foolish thought.

My eyes lingered on the damaged feathers, burned to the crisp. My mind froze and the urge to look away was tempting but something about it lured me to just look at something that could have been avoided.

The sharp edges of his wings were freed from any injuries but as they curved, the once pastel colored gaudy feathers darkened. Shallow holes were carved on his wings while others completely destructed the exoskeleton that provided his stability. Sometimes they fluttered as so did his eyes.

The oozing blood from his chest and head had dried by now, just leaving bruises and fractured limbs throughout his body.

I looked back at Pisces, spikes and arrows that were hurled at her had prevented her her from breaking Gemini's impact.

Forcing the terrain to uplift from their positions and grip on some of the mens' ankles, my eyes were squeezed tightly shut as a sudden rush of energy surged through me. I couldn't describe how woken I felt, everything became clear as light as the depleted energy from the soldiers caused them to collapse on the floor.

They lost all their strength, they didn't even have enough force to throw an object at me. However,I controlled how much I could steal because if I didn't, their organ systems would loose enough energy to function properly.

At least that was the case for humans, I didn't know how they would be affected.

'Gemini.' The intensity of that voice forced me to look back.

From afar, everyone's actions are all studied carefully yet rapidly enough for me to comprehend. Aries was literally on fire, hot flames of red, orange, and yellow prickled from her skin and stuck  to her previous footsteps as she ran. At the same time Pisces was forming a pool for the falling Gemini who was shot at, completely unaware of the weapons being lunged at her. From the corner of my eye, the captain being manipulated by Libra was slowly breaking from his trance, retrieving the knife in his boot. Libra and Capricorn oblivious of it and I couldn't miss my sister. I wanted to shield her running to Scorpio, distracted by the sword threatening to slice his tail in half. Opchi was fighting with a sword as well back to back with Taurus, barely able to keep up with no Powers.

A plan took shape in my head, everything had completely stopped in motion as I enforced it with a calculated precise I was confident would work.

The roots underneath me lunged in all directions, one of them catching the captains knife on the verge of attacking Libra and Libra herself as she lost balance. With the same weapon, I had to improvise and fling it directly at the soldiers wrist. He yelled in agony as Scorpio caught his foot and acted in defense.

I lift my hand, wave it once, and the soldiers surrounding Taurus and Opchi go flying back leaving her utterly confused. If I could control the earths' elements, I can control a couple of moving rocks.

I started running then, bringing up a patch of dirt to shield Pisces from the shooting arrows headed in her direction. I didn't have time to feel bad, I had to go against Aries and use all the driven energy she was creating from her anger. With the roots trapping her on the spot, they acted like wires transforming data. She was the only person I could sense most energy from.