Give Us Four Days(49)

Capricorn's POV

Throughout the day, I questioned our purpose. The one that fulfilled the will to keep on in this on going journey of bad and good experiences we call life. I had a list of reasons to keep going, even if my pace slowed down, even if sometimes I lost sight of my path, or sat there numbly in one only position for a while. Even when those reasons faded away or I was forced to erase as much to clear my path once again.

But when I remembered that I was in control of that list or the directions I decided were the right ones for me, I'd feel comforted once again.

I didn't feel control however, or comfort at the least. The compass that once guided me away from the negativity and woes of the world that surrounded my path didn't function properly anymore.

I still felt a grip on my list though just not my understanding of it.

"Can we please talk about it!?" My train of thoughts came to a halt at the sound of desperation, her shaky voice stopping us dead in our tracks.

The two weeks behind us stretched out rather shortly, passing too fast to catch it. No one spoke of it though, like just mentioning the unmentionable was a curse enough to doom us. No one answered her either, ignoring became more than a bliss.

My footsteps regained their pace, my thoughts unwinding themselves in my head.

Cancer was held in royal custody, everywhere I could see a screen, her face was zoomed up on it. The royal kingdom dissed her, victimizing themselves while finding a common enemy to blame on. Not everyone was on board with it though, seeing as if she was the next generation of the original Zodiacs still marked her as importance around here. I assumed that's what Taurus wanted to talk about.

"Baby we all feel your pain and it's only a matter of time before we rescue her..." Scorpio's hand rested on Taurus' shoulders as he smothered her with all this hope and faith and positivity I knew I needed a handful of too.

It was unbelievable how being in a relationship could change you from an arrogant and annoying jerk to a total sweetheart.

Scorpio was really letting himself go.

"No can we seriously just as a group have one damn conversation about this without ignoring it and pretending we're not mature enough to handle it?" Scorpio let her go then, forming a circle and pointing us to take our stand as well. I still couldn't help but scrunch my nose when their fingertips searched for each other's for support.

Usually I'd tease but the time and place wasn't appropriate.

"We do need to talk, especially maybe just saying a goodbye for further notic-"

"W-what no, I didn't meant that. We shouldn't say goodbyes so soon, we're just on edge." Taurus shut Libra up, I wanted to intervene into what looked like a pronto heated argument between a teary Libra and a red faced Taurus.

"How can you be so sure it won't be soon? We're already assuming there will be a soon though, like we're just missing the date when we all have to go our own separate wa-"

"I'm not assuming there is, and I'm not offering any type of positive comfort that everything is going to be okay because it's not, I just want to face the fact-"

"That Cancers head is being chopped in front of a public audience and being screened everywhere so no one will miss it." Taurus' shut lips indicated those were the exact words she was going to make us hear wether we liked it or not.

"Cancers execution is in four days, for all we know Gemini is long gone and has been for what, weeks, and we can't signal the Opchi, Pisces, Aries, and Virgo squad for shit so it's only six men down by now." At that, my hand flew to Libra's forehead as a smack to quiet her bitter concern because it wasn't making anything feel better.