XXV. Affection or Affliction?

Start from the beginning

She said it like she knows Wonwoo too well. As if she already saw him, personally.

"And...I also believed that you wont be bothered so much like this if you doesn't love him too." She added.

My eyes opened in my realization.

Do I really love him?

My heart suddenly jumped so high, out of my chest.

"Mom, how do you know if this is love?" I asked.

"Ask your heart. It surely knows the answer." She answered and smile.

Is it too late now if I'll talk to him and say what I truly feels?

♥♥♥

The next morning, I went to school with the purpose to find and talk to Wonwoo. But everytime I laid my eyes on him I'll automatically look away and hide. My nervousness is killing me.

Everytime our ways would cross, I will always turn around to the other direction, so that I wouldn't have to face him.

Days had passed, and our situation remains the same. I would do my best to avoid him, I wouldn't let our ways crossed, I wont look at him nor talk to him either.

I dont understand myself. I've decided that I will talk to him but everytime I've been planning to go near him, my feet would back away as if they have their own mind.

It hurts me whenever I saw him looking fine. I spent my nights crying while he would just care less.

Then one day, I had no choice but to cross ways with him in the hallway. There's no way to turn back, he already saw me. I tried to calm but my hands were trembling, especially when our shoulders brushed each others. It happened but he just walked past me. I stopped but he didn't look back anymore.

The tension between us worsen when he saw me and Joo Young together the day before yesterday. We held hands while walking and when Wonwoo saw that his eyes shot daggers in our direction then he went away.

"Dont mind him. He is surely jealous whenever we're together." Joo Young said but it doesn't helps to keep my mind calm down.

"Why would he? I'm nothing to him now." I stated.

"Yes you're nothing to him but you're something special to me." He said.

Here he goes again.

"Joo Young p--"

I was about to protest but he cut me off.

"Just try... Try to look at me once and forget about him." He said and cupped my face.

"Mina, if it didn't work...I swear I'll stop and leave you alone. Please, let's give it a try. Who knows you might feel the same with me too." He said.

I shook my head.

"Dont leave me no choice...you know who I really wants Joo Young and it's not you." I said.

"But he didn't feel the same to you. You'll be left alone loving someone who cant love you back, someone who's a user." He said.

He's accusing Wonwoo again as a 'user'.

"I dont care if he doesn't love me back. I just need to tell him how I truly feels. I cant stand to lie and hide what I feel anymore. I'm ready to risk everything even if my feelings fall back being unrequited. I wasted so much time and I know I hurt him alot also, I want to make things right for us so please....please just let me." I said bluntly.