Prologue

They sat hidden in their black Lincoln across the street, watching the busy café; Sweet Haven. With the sun setting they were granted a perfect view through the large, clear windows. The café was busy, probably because of the modern, 'cute' atmosphere it held; being close to the boardwalk probably helped their business, too. The inside had white brick walls, which greatly contrasted the bright, floral wallpaper on the single wall that faced the windows. Their chairs had an antique frame, with lavender cushions to sit on; the same lavender that could be seen through multiple accents and details throughout the café. Pastel yellow seemed to be the other main colour; every cup and plate was yellow- the same soft yellow that was seen throughout the wallpaper. How utterly perfect and boring, the man thought.

By the register was a large glass case, obtaining many different types of homemade pastries. Those were what drew them here. Ah, and her.

A woman walked out from the back, her [h/c] hair tied back into a messy bun; she continued to tidy up her café, wiping tables, collecting empty mugs. How boring.

"I don't recall her being so docile, is this really her?" The girl in the vehicle questioned, after what felt like hours of silence.

The man stayed quiet for a little while longer, watching the woman smile as she talked to a customer. Her entire face lights up as she talks, giving her a beautiful youthfulness. "Yes, that's her."

"Well, you would know her best."

He turned the keys, and the vehicle rumbled to life. For a brief moment, it seemed as if the woman in the café had looked over towards the Lincoln, but the somber expression was fleeting, as that smile suddenly regained her features. "We'll have to report back tonight," his thin lips curved into a sly smirk, "because they'll certainly want to know that we've finally found her."