A Good Man

Y/N's POV

*Hallucination*

I open my eyes and find myself in a house I thought I'd never return to, my house. I looked in shock by how normal things looked both inside and outside. "It's like the apocalypse never happened." I say to myself while looking out the window and notice kids playing on the street and husbands going off to work while wives waved them off from the doorstep.

"If only it never did..." I think to myself before hearing footsteps behind me, making me jump as I turned around. A dark, tall figure stood in the shadows and slowly walked as my eyes widen and jaw drops by who it is.

"Now, I thought I told you to run and don't look back." The man said with a smile while I look in shock as I stutter.

"Da--Dad?..." I finally spoke as dad's smile grew wider and his eyes teared up.

"Yeah, it's me son. I'm back." Dad said quietly as tears rolled down his cheek but he kept on smiling at me as I ran into his arms, giving him a bone crushing hug as I start to cry myself. I felt dad wrap his arms around my back and squeezed me harder, I gripped the back of his shirt as both of us closed our eyes not wanting to ever let go.

Eventually, we pulled apart from the hug as dad looked at me and wiped both his tears and mine before looking me up and down

"Wow, look at you. You're so tall now, taller than your mom now at least." He said with a smile.

"She always was tiny." I added.

"Got that right." He replied making us both laugh before my face turns to a frown, dad noticed this placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong, son?"

"I miss you, so much... you and mom, I wish you were really with me." I say as my voice was merely a whisper, dad then shoke my shoulders gently as I looked back at him. 

"I miss you too, Y/N. Your mother... she misses her little boy."

"Dad... I can't be the little boy forever."

"You'll always be our little boy."

I smiled wildly by his words as tears rolled down my cheeks as dad wipes them away with his thumb, I quickly sniffed to stop myself from crying but it was no use as I broke down in tears. I felt dad pull me into another hug as he rocked me back and forth slowly, we stay quiet for a few seconds before I speak up.

"I'm worried, dad... my destiny is arriving soon and I don't know what to do. I guess I'm... I'm afraid." I said as I look at him with a sad face as tears start to form in my eyes again. I then looked down at the ground and wipe my eyes before feeling dad put his shoulder on mine.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, son. Because I know you will face your destiny like a man, because that's what you are."

"That's all I am, a fighter, a survivor, a soldier."

"No, you're not a soldier. A good man."

I look at dad in the eyes and smile before hugging him again, he does the same to me and we stay like that for a good few seconds.

"You'll always have a home waiting here for you, Y/N. Don't forget that."

"Thanks dad."

We let go of each other and dad places a hand on my shoulder, making me look back at him.

"Remember, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you, son." Dad said as I wipe my eyes before looking back at him.

"I love you too, dad." I reply as dad places a hand on my chest.

"Now son, wake up." He demanded as everything went dark again.

*Reality*

I wake up just in time because a walker was merely a few inches from my face, it made me jump before I grab it by the collar and throw it at the rest of them as I flip the table and block their way before opening the window and crawl out just in time.

I fell to the ground and quickly got back up before limping into the forest as fast as I could.

"Clem... where are you?" I say to myself as I keep moving, without looking back.

TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO GO AND THEN... THE INEVITABLE HAPPENS :'(

ANYWAY, I HOPE YE ENJOY.

:D