The Preparation

No pov

*Timeskip*

It's been 2 weeks since we showed back up at the school and warned everyone about Lilly and Abel's attack. Since then, the kids have been working non stop to be ready for the attack. Most of them looked confident on the outside, but on the inside, they were shiting brick.

Right now AJ and Tenn were in the watchtower keeping an eye out for them, Mitch was working on something by the picnic benches, Violet and Louis were arguing,

Meanwhile, YN was working with something on one of the picnic benches.

It was an old circular shield he found when he and Louis went out scavenging a few days ago.

YN: Anddddd. There, finished.

YN finishes scrubbing the shield, to get rid of the rust, and sets the brush and a can of oil down. He then picks it up and adjusts the straps so it fits around his palm and wrist, YN then walks over to a wall a with a target painted on it. He looks at the shield and takes a deep breath.

YN: (inhales) Okay, just like how Captain America does it in the comics.

YN pulls his arm back and aims at the wall with the shield, he then swings his arm and let's go of the shield. The shield flies across the air and hits the wall then bounces off and lands in some bushes.

YN: ...Fuck.

YN walks over and picks up the shield before walking back to the picnic bench, he sets the shield down before he hears someone giggling. He turns around and sees Clem, with one hand on her hip and one hand covering her mouth.

Clem: Are you SERIOUSLY trying to be Captain America right now?

YN: *playful scoff* I'm surprised you remember him?

Clem: How could I forget? It was all you talked about, when we were little.

YN: Hey, I was a Marvel fan, still am actually. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who still is one.

WELL, I AGREE WITH HIM. ANYONE ELSE?

Clem: Righttt. Now all you need is a magical hammer that only you can lift, or a suit of armour, to climb walls and swing around or to turn into a giant, green monster. So much to choose from...

YN: And I'd pick all of them.

Clem: *giggles* You're such an idiot, just like... Duck.

YN's smile turns to a frown as he sits on the bench then takes off Kenny's hat and looks at it.

YN: Yeah, he was a dumbass but he-- he was a good friend, I miss him. All of them, Lee, Carley, Luke, Pete, Alvin, Rebecca, Katjaa, Kenny...

Clem looks at the hat then back at YN.