Old Friends

Y/N's POV

After limping through the forest after what seemed like an hour, I finally stop by a tree to take a breath. I breathe heavily as I look down at my wound before looking up at the tree branches, my vision started to go dark as I could hear the faint sound of walkers in the far distance before I pass out sitting back against the tree.

*Hallucination*

I open my eyes again and notice I wasn't resting by a tree but inside a cabin instead. I looked at everything inside it, hoping it would jog up some old memories before a man walks through the door which makes my eyes widen when I see who it is.

"Damn, Y/N. You look like crap." The man said with a smile as I walked up to him.

"Luke?" I questioned as Luke merely smiles and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. It's me, Y/N. Been a while, hasn't it?"

"It has, so what is this place?" I asked as Luke chuckled and walked over to the kitchen table and took a seat before sliding over a bowl of peaches and beans to the other side.

"Come on, kid. Take a seat." He said as I walk towards the table and take a seat opposite to him then look at the bowl before picking up a spoon and start eating the food. "Huh, not bad." I say to myself before I speak up.

"So this is the cabin where we first met?"

"There you go, kid. You and Clem didn't have such a friendly welcome if I recall."

"Heh, tell me about it." I chuckle with him before I frown, Luke notices this and looks at me.

"What's wrong, kid?" He asks as I look up at him.

"I'm looking for Clem... and AJ."

"AJ. Huh, how is he anyway? Does he have Rebecca's hair, or Alvin's belly?" He said as I smile back at him before responding.

"Oh god no, no big belly for him."

"So much for 'like father, like son'."

We both laugh at this before I speak up.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you on that lake, if we had just gone around then maybe you'd still be alive--"

"No, that was not your fault. Okay? I was the one who wasn't careful, me and my dumbass mind." Luke said as I frowned.

"I should have helped you at least."

"But you didn't, you stopped Kenny from hurting Arvo anymore than he already was."

"It was a mistake."

"No, no it wasn't. You looked out for him. Sure he shot you in the leg afterwards, but you had hope that he'd be different. Just because the world changed, doesn't mean you have to change with it. You stay strong, you look out for people no matter if they're mean sons of bitches. Everyone deserves a chance."

"You're right."

"Know this, Y/N, don't ever give up even on family. It's what we fight for, and family look for each other." Luke says as I smile and wipe away some tears.

"Thank you, Luke."

"Anytime, kid. Now wake up." Luke demands as I close my eyes and everything goes dark.

*Reality*

I jolt up and notice some walkers getting closer to me as I struggled to get back up. When I did get up, the walkers were right in front of me so I picked up the iron rod and impaled the walkers in the head before turning around and limp as fast as I could away from the walker.