Suffer The Children

Y/N's pov

Clem, AJ and I have been searching, for a long time. To find a place we could call home. Just when we thought we found a huge stash of food... It turned out to be a trap, that could have been the end. But I woke up... And found out that we were saved by a guy named Marlon. The leader of a community living inside an old boarding school. It finally felt like a chance at having a home, a real one.

We had to go back to the train station and see if any food survived the explosion. But someone had the same idea. Clem didn't want to risk it and let him take some of the food and leave.

Clem found Marlon and Brody, arguing about the man we saw, in the basement. And she learnt why Brody was so afraid. The man we met was apart of a group of raiders who met them over a year ago. Marlon had traded Tenn's older sisters to them, to keep himself safe. He killed Brody and locked Clem in the basement with her. When she turned, Clem had to put her down.

Marlon stole AJ's gun and tried to convince everyone that Clem murdered Brody, I backed her up and stopped Marlon from shooting her. With everyone against him, the fight was out of Marlon. Clem told him he could stay, but not as our leader. But then... Marlon was dead, and AJ pulled the trigger. He remembered what we told him.

To always aim for the head.

The next morning, the sun was rising and shining in my face forcing me to wake up. I sat up and saw that Clem and AJ were already up and making some coffee, they turn to me and smile as AJ hands me a cup of coffee.

AJ: I made you coffee. It was in the kitchen, Tenn said I could have some. I didn't steal it.

I took the cup from AJ and had a swig of it before sitting on the head properly, I put the cup on the draws and looked back at AJ.

YN: Thanks buddy.

AJ smiled at me before looking down at the floor with a frown on his FACE, Clem takes a swig of coffee before turning to AJ.

Clem: What's wrong?

AJ: Last night, with Marlon?

I looked at Clem in concern before turning back to AJ.

AJ: I heard what Louis said, and... and what he called me.

I looked at AJ, waiting for his question.

AJ: Am I a murderer?

I looked at him before closing my eyes and remembered what happened last night.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The rain was still pouring hard and the winds were still strong as I stared at Marlon's dead body laying on the courtyard grounds as Louis and Omar stand beside me on each side.

Louis: No!

Omar: Oh my god!

Violet: Shit!

Ruby: We could get medicine, from the nurse's office.

Mitch: He's dead! The kid blew his brains out!

Louis looked at Marlon's body before turning to AJ.

Louis: You shot him, he's dead. You're a murderer.

AJ looked at Marlon's body in guilt while Louis turned to Clem and I.

Louis: You said he could stay! But not as our leader! What the fuck did both of you teach this kid?!

Everyone looked at Clem and I as AJ looked back at Marlon's body, guilty for his actions.