Bad Men

Bill

The school hallway, filled with light, allowed them to see three of the Bad Men raise their guns at the group. They turned around and tried to run the other way, but that was blocked off by more Bad Men as well. They had no choice but to turn to the original three that had cornered them. Bill knew he had to act if all of them were going to get out alive.

He clenched his fists, feeling his head pull and split as he willed the bodies to come out of the ground. Bloody, rotten hands broke through the school's floor and pulled themselves up. The decaying head of a young man popped up along with the rest of its body. Before the man could do anything though, one of the Bad Men shot it in the head.

Bill was about to raise another body when he noticed that the only woman out of the three was bleeding from her eyes. A squelching sound sounded throughout the hallway and he saw the other two were bleeding from their eyes as well. Within seconds, they dropped dead to the floor.

More Bad Men rushed in, pointing their guns at the group. He tried to raise the new bodies but it didn't seem to work. Strong and vicious arms wrapped themselves around Bill, causing him to kick and yell at whoever had seized him. He looked around to see that similar men had seized all his friends as well, all except for one.

Eleven lay on the floor, a deathly pale coating her face and a thin line of blood spilling from her nose. Her eyes fluttered slowly, clearly struggling to stay awake. Bill looked up to see a man walking towards her, distinctly different from the others, as he was wearing a suit and not a military outfit.

Bill didn't know how or why, but he immediately recognised the man, that was Dr Brenner, him and his siblings' "pediatrician" when they were younger. His hair had thinned and turned white over the years, and more wrinkles had been painted across his face. But nevertheless, he still wore his gentle yet deceiving smile.

Dr Brenner walked up to Eleven and cupped her face in his hands.

"Let her go!" Mike cried out. "Let her go, you bastards!"

"You motherfuckers!" Richie joined in.

Eleven ignored them, whispering to Dr Brenner, "Papa?"

Bill screamed out, desperate to pull Eleven back into reality, "E-E-Eleven don't listen to them! D-Don't go with them! P-P-Please."

Dr. Brenner stood up, walking over to Bill, "William Denbrough, I knew that stutter sounded familiar. And by the display, you showed us before, I can see that the little fake body we set up earlier clearly worked. Impressive, William."

Bill spat a fat wad of saliva onto the doctor's face, rage boiling and thudding in his temples and fists, "You f-f-fucker!"

Dr. Brenner simply wiped the saliva off his face and returned to Eleven, "We're going to take you home now, you'll be safe and sound, I promise."

The lights began to flicker, as if they had heartbeats of their own.

"Blood," Mike mumbled.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Blood!" Mike repeated, but this time louder.

Bill looked across the blood-stained floors where the bodies lay. The wall on the far end began to thump and break, spilling bits of brick across the floor.

Dustin's voice was shaking with fear, "Oh shit, it's the Demogorgon!"

The wall broke apart to reveal a monster with a pale, tall body and a head shaped like a flower that was filled with rows of teeth. The Bad Men immediately dropped the kids and began to shoot at the monster. Dustin raced to pick up Eleven as Mike hollered, "Go! Go! Go!"

Bill was about to run with them when he was Richie crumpled over on the floor.

"Richie!" Bill cried out, running to him. "C'mon! We've g-g-gotta go!"

Richie looked up at him with glowing yellow eyes.

Oh shit, Bill thought. He grabbed Richie's arm and ran after the others. He couldn't leave his friend, after all, even if he was turning into something that he couldn't control. They all dashed into a nearby classroom, hoping that the Demogorgon wasn't hot on their tails. Oh, how wrong they were.