Hands

Bill

A sharp, loud hiss resounded in the kitchen as the group walked in. Bill looked down curiously to see a small cat with tabby fur not hissing at them, but at the wall. He walked up to the wall, but saw nothing that could explain as to why Dustin's pet was acting the way it was. Strange, he thought.

"Hey, Duh-Duh-Dustin," Bill called out.

Dustin faced his direction, "What's up?"

"Something's wruh-wruh-wrong with your c-c-cat," Bill pointed.

Dustin walked up and looked at his cat. He attempted to calm the it by petting it and stroking its fur but it didn't seem to work. The cat continued to hiss and growl viciously at the wall, as if it were a dog instead of an inanimate object.

"Mew, what the shit is wrong with you?" Dustin continued to stroke his pet, worry shaking his voice.

Mew turned to him and sank her teeth into her owner's hand. Dustin pulled back with a flurry of swears, frowning in utter confusion at his cat.

"What the hell, Mew!" He yelled, cradling his hand which was dripping with fresh, bright blood. "Today is just my lucky day, isn't it?"

Just as Bill was about to respond, the lights began to flicker. Mew hissed louder and louder as the lights dove in and out between light and dark. Bill's heart began to beat in sync with the lights flickering as they quickened their pace.

He heard the sharp, rapid wheezes of Eddie's breath on the other side of the kitchen. Bill quickly grabbed a spare, clean cloth for Dustin and ran over to the other side with him. Eddie was breathing intensely as Richie rubbed his back in order to soothe him.

"W-Where's his i-inhaler?" Bill asked hurriedly.

"It's empty," Eddie wheezed.

Dustin stuttered as well, with fear running wild in his voice, "W-W-W-What's wrong with him?"

Richie shrugged at them and continued to rub his friend's back. Bill's palms were thick and sticky with sweat. He could feel goosebumps rise on his legs and forearms.

The lights were almost out as Eddie cried out, "I can't fucking breathe!"

Richie got Eddie's eye contact and stared at him, "Just try for me, Eds, please."

Finally, the lights blew out which caused a collection of screams and gasps to sound. Bill felt a small hand clutch onto his arm and instantly recognised it as Cassie's. Stan's scream prolonged though, which made Bill walked towards the sound. Through the darkness, he could see what was wrong and screamed himself.

A bunch of hands were reaching towards them, stretching the wall to the point where the wallpaper nearly tore. Will's voice sounded through the wallpaper, crying and pleading for help before being cut off by a loud growl. Bill felt his whole body shake in utter fright as he struggled to keep himself together. He heard Dustin's footsteps race towards them, screaming Will's name.

"Will, where are you?" Dustin yelled.

"I don't know, but it's so dark and cold. And something's-" Will's voice was cut off.

The lights flickered back on and the hands disappeared. Dustin banged on the wall, calling his friend's name. Only there was no reply. Dustin continued though, only stopping when Bill and Stan had to pull him back.

"Let me go!" He exclaimed sorrowfully. "He's in trouble! We need to help him!"

"We'll only be able to if we're all calm and collected," Bill explained. "Please, d-d-do it for Will."

Dustin relaxed as Bill engulfed him in a hug. He barely knew the boy but he felt it might be able to soothe Dustin and allow him to get himself under control. Dustin sobbed into his shoulder, reminding Bill of how he flew into his friend's arms when he first found out that Georgie was missing. Holding back his tears, he comforted the boy, relating to his new friend all too much.