Stan the Man

Bill

The day's events began to dawn on Bill's energy and he deeply craved the soft, irresistible sheets of his bed. He was exhausted mentally and physically and the only thing he wanted to do was close his eyes and forget the bizarreness of the situation. But, what kept him awake was the motivation to get his sister and his friends to a safe place. And he appreciated this feeling like the first sip of coffee in the morning.

Cassie had her arms around Stan and him as they helped her walk towards the membrane. Her grip on the boys' shoulders was weak and Bill was worried she was going to slip soon.

"Bill? Are you alright?" She asked faintly.

"I'm fine." He smiled weakly at her. "Are you alright?"

"Getting there, the sooner we get out of here, the better."

"I agree, this day has been a load of weird shit," Stan confessed.

Once they got to the portal, Eddie began to step forward first. He reached out his arm and touched the membrane. Instead of it collapsing into his touch though, it bounced back. He began to push but it wouldn't budge.

He gave the membrane another push and muttered, "What the fuck?". Giving the membrane another push, this time with the full strength of his arm, he stumbled back with the force of his energy falling back onto him.

Richie stepped forward, "Let me see." He touched the membrane and then began to push into the membrane with the whole of his body weight. He flew back with a thump onto the ground. "That shit's stronger than it was before!" He growled.

Stan hooked Cassie's arm off his shoulder. "Let me have a shot."

"C'mon Eds, let's go. They don't call him Stan the Man for nothing after all." Richie teased, with a hint of hope that his friend would be able to push through the suddenly strong substance.

Eddie helped him up and they stepped out of Stan's way.

Stan walked towards the membrane and began to push into the membrane. Just like Richie, though, he flew back as well and onto the floor.

His voice cracked as he began to panic, "Shit, Bill! We can't get back!"

Richie helped Stan up off the forest floor. "It's like something doesn't want us going back."

Eddie turned to Bill. "What do we do?"

Bill wished he had a plan or could help his friends in any sort of way, but he was at a loss for words. Fatigue was beginning to overrule his thoughts and all he wanted to do was be safe at home. But he couldn't go home. He was stuck in a town that didn't even exist and there was no way of going back. They were trapped.