"That's good, but Annika, I want you to come here as soon as possible," Harshvardhan replied.

Annika's excitement leveled down as it got exchanged with curiosity to learn the reason her father wanted her in India.

"But why?" she asked.

"You just come here. I will explain later."

"Okay, but can I wait some more? Actually, I am still waiting to hear back from graduate school if they would admit me to their master's program." she reasoned.

"You are completing your masters here in India. No more questions. I want you here sometime this week." he stated shutting her mouth.

***

The thought bothered her about what made her father behave so strict, yet Annika couldn't say no to her dad. She cut the call and prepared herself to return to her home country.

In India, Harshvardhan Kabeer was marveling at Shivaay Singh Oberoi's picture with all the business magazines, that talked about the young man, in his hand. At the age of thirty, he was a renowned entrepreneur. Harshvardhan saw his reflection in Shivaay. The way he settled in the business world was really appreciative. He was handsome, filthy rich for a young man of his age and most desirably, still single.

His maturity could complement Annika's fun-loving nature and her innocence would tame his shrewd capabilities.

With that thought, he dialed the number for Oberoi Industries. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the owner of the rapidly growing tech industry in India, picked up the call. He was delighted by the thought that Mr. Harshvardhan Kabeer, the best of the best, himself wanted to meet him. He welcomed Mr. Kabeer to Oberoi Industries.

"No, I want you here, at my home" Harsh responded.

As stubborn as he was, Harsh got his way with Shivaay.

"It would be great. My daughter is also coming in two days." Harsh ended.

Shivaay reflected upon the conversation to ponder why had Harsh repeatedly mentioned of his daughter. He had enough girls around him. The girls would try to get into his pants while their Dads would love to wipe their hands with his money.

Yet here Harshvardhan Kabeer, the best businessman, was hinting regarding his daughter. Could this be a potential marriage proposal? As far as he knew, she was way younger than him and not of age to settle in marriage.

Needless to say, he was eager to meet his idol. Orphaned at a young age, he had no guidance in the business world. Once he became of age, he took over his late father's company and started anew. In the field, he was new and inexperienced. Harshvardhan's ethics and ideas were followed by him as a student who follows his favorite teacher. And so, the invitation made him curious and excited.

***

Two days later, he was present at the beautiful Kabeer Mansion. It was bigger than his Oberoi Mansion. He knew that Mrs. Kabeer died of childbirth. That meant he and his daughter alone lived in the palace like home.

He stepped on the stairs, reached the front of the mansion, and rang the bell.

A house maid opened the door and let him in.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi," he introduced himself.

"Let him in," a voice came.

Shivaay smirked. He could never fail to recognize the voice of the man he idolized in the business world.