Coconut Cream Sugar Cookie Bars

These Coconut Cream Sugar Cookie Bars are incredibly easy to whip up, but so delicious! Perfect for coconut lovers!

~Ingredients:

-Cookie Bars:

1/2 Cup Butter, softened.

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar.

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar.

1 Egg.

1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.

2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour.

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder.

1/2 Teaspoon Salt.

-Frosting:

1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese, softened.

1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar.

1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract.*

-Topping:

1 1/2 Cups Shredded Coconut.

~Directions:

-Making the Sugar Cookie Base:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray it with non stick baking spray . Set aside.

Step 2: In a large bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until creamy.

Step 3: Add the egg and the vanilla extract.

Step 4: Add the baking powder, salt, and half of the flour and mix until a soft dough forms.

Step 5: Add the rest of the flour and beat until mixed in.**

Step 6Press the dough firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.

Step 7: Bake for 14 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

-Making the Frosting:

Step 8In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the coconut extract. 

Step 9Spread evenly over the sugar cookie base and top with shredded coconut. 

Step 10Chill for 1 hour before cutting into squares and serving.

Step 11: Eat and Enjoy!

~Recipe Notes:

~Recipe Notes:

*You can use vanilla extract if you don't have coconut extract on hand. You can also do 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract.

**If you are using a hand mixer, you may need to use the back of a spoon or your hands to knead the dough until stiff.

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it or have any questions!

XoXo Hannah and Hailey :)