Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Cookie Cups

These Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Cookie Cups are super fun and a great treat for an occasion – like Valentine's Day! Plus, they're smaller and easy to hold which makes for great individual treats for sharing.

~Ingredients: 

Cookie Cup: 

3/4 Cup Butter, room temperature.

1 Cup Sugar.

1 Egg.

1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.

1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour.

1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder.

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda.

2 Teaspoons Cornstarch.

Cheesecake Filling: 

12 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature.

2 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar.

5 Tablespoon Strawberry Puree (recipe in directions).*

Topping:

Fresh Strawberries.  

~Directions:

-Making the Reduced Strawberry Puree:

Step 1: Puree 1/2 lb of strawberries in a blender or a food processor, which will give you a little over 1/2 cup.

Step 2: Stirring occasionally, simmer the puree over low - medium heat for 20 minutes.**

Step 3: Allow to cool completely before using.

-Making the Cookie Cups:

Step 4: Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Coat the cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Step 5Cream butter and sugar together for 5-7 minutes, until light and fluffy.

Step 6Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat until well combined.

Step 7: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.

Step 8Makes balls of about 2 tablespoon of dough. 

Step 9Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.

Step 10Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.

Step 11Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers should fall a bit while cooling, but if the centers aren't cupped enough to add filling, use the underside of a measuring tablespoon to press the center down a bit.

Step 12Once the cookie cups have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. 

-Making the Cheesecake Filling:

Step 13Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar. Add the strawberry puree a tablespoon at a time until you have the right consistency and flavor, mixing until smooth between each addition.

Step 14Pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups and top with a fresh strawberry. 

Step 15Cookie cups should be refrigerated until served.  

Step 16: Eat and Enjoy! 

~Recipe Notes:

~Recipe Notes:

*The puree can be refrigerated to speed up the cooling process. We recommend making the reduced puree the day before so it has plenty of time to cool down. We cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.

**You can use as much as you need in this recipe and just freeze the leftovers over or you can just discard any leftovers or you can spoon it on ice cream or yogurt or you can add it to a smoothie. We have also used thawed frozen strawberries. Let us know which way you like.

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it or have any questions!

XoXo Hailey and Hannah :)