Sugar Cookie Bars

Super soft sugar cookies piled with vanilla buttercream frosting and lots of sprinkles! Tastes just like a Sugar Cookie, and so easy to bake since they're in bar form.

Yields: 15 Bars

~Ingredients:

-Cookie Base:

1 Cup Butter, softened.

8 oz Cream Cheese, softened.

1 1/2 Cups Sugar.

1 Egg.

2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract.

2 1/2 Cups Flour.

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder.

1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda.

-Frosting:

3/4 Cup Salted Butter, Room Temperature.

3 Cups Powdered Sugar.

1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.

3 - 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream.

Sprinkles.

~Directions:

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Step 2: Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper or foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.

Step 3: Using a electric mixer, beat together the butter and the cream cheese until smooth.

Step 4: Mix in the sugar. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Step 5: Mix in the eggs and the vanilla extract.

Step 6: Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda. Mix until the soft dough forms.

Step 7: Spread the dough evenly in the pan.

Step 8: Bake for 20 minutes.*

-Frosting:

Step 1: Use an electric mixer to whisk the butter until smooth.

Step 2: Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time along with 1 tablespoon vanilla.

Step 3: Add the heavy cream until all the ingredients have been added and the frosting is smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go.

Step 4: Frost the cooled cookies and add the sprinkles.

Step 5: Cut into bars.*

Enjoy!

*Let the cookies cool completely before frosting and cutting.

Let us know how they turn out, if you make them and leave a picture in the comments below =)

xoxo Hannah :)