Sprinkle Macaroons

Crisp on the outside, rich and moist on the inside. How do you make a tasty dessert even more tastier? Dip it in chocolate. Coat the chocolate with sprinkles. They are fun to look at and the sprinkle flavor is good!

~Ingredients:

1 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk.

2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.

1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract.

1 (14 oz) Bag Sweetened Shredded Coconut.

2 Large Egg Whites.

1/4 Teaspoon Salt.

1/4 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles.

Topping:

1/3 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles.

3 oz Chocolate (any kind).*

~Directions:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line two large cookie trays with parchment paper or silicone cookie baking mats. Set aside.

Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, vanilla, and the almond extract.

Step 3: Mix in the coconut and set aside.

Step 4: In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and the salt until stiff peaks form.

Step 5: Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture and then gently fold in the 1/4 cup of sprinkles. 

Step 6Spoon lightly packed 2 inch balls of the mixture onto the baking sheets, about 1 inch apart and sprinkle the tops with more sprinkles.

Step 7: Bake until golden brown; start checking at the 18 minute mark. 

Step 8Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes on the pans than transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Step 9Place the remaining 1/3 cup of sprinkles in a shallow dish. 

Step 10Melt the chocolate in a microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each. Or in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often.

Step 11Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate and scrape off any excess, then dip the cookie in the sprinkles.**

Step 12Place back on the parchment paper and let them cool at room temp or in the fridge. 

Step 13These can be kept at room temperature for about 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week.

Step 14Eat and Enjoy!

Step 14: Eat and Enjoy!

~Recipe Notes:

~Recipe Notes:

*You can use chocolate chips, chocolate wafers, chocolate bars etc...

**We used milk chocolate but you can use white chocolate, dark chocolate, etc... 

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it or have any questions!

XoXo Hailey and Hannah :)