Chocolate Stuffed Shortbread Cookies

A buttery shortbread cookie stuffed with milk chocolate!

~Ingredients:

1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature.

1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar.

2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract.

2 Cups Plain Flour.

2 Tablespoons Cornstarch.

1 1/3 Cup Milk.

~Directions: 

Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line two cookie trays with parchment paper.

Step 2In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.

Step 3Sift in the flour and cornstarch and mix until combined. 

Step 4Pop the cookie dough into the fridge for 15 minutes.

Step 5Chop or break apart half chocolate into 16 small squares, reserving the rest for the chocolate drizzle.

Step 6Wrap a piece of cookie dough around each square of chocolate and roll using your hands into a small ball.

Step 7Wrap a piece of cookie dough around each square of chocolate and roll using your hands into a small ball and place onto the prepared trays.

Step 8Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden on the edges.

Step 9: After they are done baking transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Step 10: Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth.

Step 11Drizzle over cookies.

Step 11: Drizzle over cookies

~Recipe Notes:

~Recipe Notes:

1) If you eat them while they are still warm, you end up with the perfect gooey surprise.

2) These cookies can be made in about 30 minutes flat. That's right, you're only 30 minutes away from having fistfuls of Chocolate Stuffed Shortbread Cookies!

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it!

~Hannah and Hailey :)