Peppermint Mocha Cookies

A combination of white chocolate, peppermint and double chocolate chip cookies. 'This is the best thing to happen to a Christmas cookie.' said our cousin after being our taste tester.

~Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened, room temperature.

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar.

1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar.

1 Large Egg, room temperature.

1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract.

1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract.

1 Cup All Purpose Flour.

1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder.

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda.

2 Teaspoons Espresso Powder or 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules.

1/8 Teaspoon Salt.

1 Cup Mini or Regular Sized Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips.

8 Ounces White Chocolate, coarsely chopped.

3 Large Candy Canes, crushed.

~Directions:

Step 1In a large bowl beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. 

Step 2Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color. 

Step 3Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.

Step 4In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt together until combined. 

Step 5On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. 

Step 6Switch to high speed and beat in the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be sticky. 

Step 7Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.*

Step 8Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes - if the cookie dough chilled longer than 3 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.**

Step 9Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.

Step 10Scoop and roll balls of dough, about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls and place onto the baking sheets.

Step 11Bake the cookies for 8 9 minutes. 

Step 12The baked cookies will look extremely soft in the centers when you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. They will slightly deflate as you let them cool. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.

Step 13: Melt the chopped white chocolate. 

Step 14Place the white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. 

Step 15Melt in 15 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.

Step 16Dip each completely cooled cookie halfway into the white chocolate and place onto a parchment or silicone baking mat-lined baking sheet. 

Step 17Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of the chocolate. 

Step 18Repeat with the rest of the cooled cookies. 

Step 19Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator to help the chocolate set. 

Step 20Once the chocolate is set, enjoy eating and serving!

Step 20: Once the chocolate is set, enjoy eating and serving!

 ~Recipe Notes:

 ~Recipe Notes:

*We always chill our cookie dough overnight. 

**This process makes the cookie dough easier to scoop and roll.

1) Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Baked cookies (without the white chocolate and the candy cane) freeze well - up to three months.

2) Decorate after they thaw out. Cookie dough balls freeze well too - up to three months. 

3) Bake frozen cookie dough balls for about 10 minutes. No need to thaw them.

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it or have any questions!

XoXo Hailey and Hannah :)