Peach Crumb Bars

These Peach Crumb Bars are made with fresh summer peaches, sandwiched between a sweet buttery crust and crumb topping, with a hint of cinnamon, and are drizzled with a fresh almond (or vanilla) glaze. The most delicious summer dessert!    

~Ingredients:

-Crust / Topping:

3 Cups All Purpose Flour.

1 Cup Granulated Sugar.

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder.

1/2 Teaspoon Salt.

1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon.

1 Cup Unsalted Butter, cold, cut into tablespoons.

1 Large Egg.

-Peach Layer:

5 Large Peaches, pitted, peeled, and diced (about 4 to 4 1/2 cups).

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar.

1 Tablespoon Cornstarch.

1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice.

1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon. 

-Glaze:  

1 Cup Powdered Sugar.

1/4 Teaspoon Almond or Vanilla Extract.

1 - 2 Tablespoon Milk.

~Directions:

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9 by 13 baking dish.

Step 2: Making the Crust / Topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Using a fork or a pastry blender cut into the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand.  

Step 3: Add the egg and mix with your hands until the dough starts to hold together, but is still crumbly.

Step 4: Press 2/3 of the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Save the rest 1/3 for later.

Step 5: For the Peach Layer: In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon.

Step 6: Add the peaches and toss to combine. 

Step 7Evenly distribute the peach mixture over the bottom crust.

Step 8Crumble the remaining crust mixture over the peach layer. 

Step 9Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until light golden brown on top and bubbling in the center. 

Step 10Cool completely before adding the glaze.

Step 11: For the GlazeWhisk together the ingredients together in a small bowl, adding milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. 

Step 12Drizzle over the cooled bars. Cut and serve. Keep covered and store at room temperature.

 Keep covered and store at room temperature

~Recipe Notes:

~Recipe Notes:

1) You can use the canned peaches instead. You will need about 4 to 4 1/2 Cups of canned peaches.

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it or have any questions!

XoXo Hannah and Hailey :)