Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are all the goodness of melt-in-your-mouth shortbread combined with a little bit of chocolate. Your family will love these easy tasty cookies!

Yields: 16 - 20 Cookies

~Ingredients:

1 Cup Butter, Softened.

2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar.

1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.

2 Cups All Purpose Flour.

3/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips

8 oz Melting Chocolate Wafers.

~Directions:

Step 1In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. 

Step 2Add in the vanilla extract and beat together until combined. 

Step 3Add in flour and mix just until flour disappears.

Step 4Fold in the mini chocolate chips.

Step 5Transfer the dough to a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.*

Step 6Roll until the dough is 1/4 inch thick. 

Step 7Refrigerate on a flat surface until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.

Step 8Remove the dough from the plastic and use a butter knife to cut into equal-sized squares or rectangles. 

Step 9Transfer the cut pieces to a parchment lined cookie tray.

Step 10Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are just slightly kissed with brown.

Step 11Melt the chocolate wafers by microwaving them on high for 30 seconds at a time, stirring every 30 seconds. 

Step 12Dip the cookies in the chocolate covering 1/3 or 1/2 of the cookie and transfer them to the parchment paper to harden.

-Notes:

* You can also place them in between two layers of plastic wrap or parchment paper.

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Please leave us a picture in the comments below if you make it!

~Hannah and Hailey :)