Chapter 3

Birthdays: Twenty

Mood: Challenged

*****

Kyungsoo is online.

You didn't want to be the first to call on Skype, but after 20 minutes had passed you couldn't take it anymore.

" Screw this."

You heard the familiar beeping noise and a few seconds later he appeared on the screen.

" Hi Mantequilla. "

You were surprised to see him like this. The last time he had called you sleepily and with messy hair, wearing his pajamas.

But now he was fully awake, his hair was styled and caramel brown.

When you thought about the fact that it had always been black until now you had to hold your laughter back.

" Mantequilla? "

" I didn't call you that for years. Do you remember the names we had to choose for ourselves in Spanish class ? You thought it meant Buttercup. It only meant butter though. "

" How would I ever forget that ? You kept writing it on my table. "

" Isn't it ironic that it has Tequila in it ? Are you still a little alcoholic ?"

You rolled your eyes.

" No. By the way, what's that on your head ? "

" My hair ? I know it looks different... "

His hand pushed a few loose strands back and you were curious if it felt as fluffy as it looked.

" I finally did feel like changing something. We'll still be traveling quite a while. "

You had to admit that you had to get used to Kyungsoo's new look. But it didn't look that bad on him. This haircut made his face sharper and the light colour was bringing his dark eyes out nicely.

„ What are you thinking about ?"

" Nothing important. How's Shanghai by the way ? Still exciting ? "

" Nah... just like on the photos. Nothing special. ", he said in a bored manner.

" You love it. "

" So much, it's amazing ! "

You shook your head.

" Maybe I'll visit you someday and we can have our hot chocolate conversations. How does that sound ?"

" Really ? You'd like that ? " He grinned.

" Why so surprised ? "

" Kyungsoo, don't ever take me to one of those ridiculous trips. If anyone assumes that I'm one of your crazy fans you're going to die ! ", he imitated you.

" Did I say that ? Really can't remember. "

" How about college life ? Still exciting ? "

" I can proudly tell you that today I meowed at our campus cat and he meowed back. Oh and the new books smell like vapo rub. "

" Let me guess... exams again ? "

" Worse. A project. All I do is draw. And all I got is the idea. How am I supposed to finish this till next week ? "

You showed him a bunch of sketches you had drawn.

" Are you kidding ? You could pass with this only."

You sighed.

" You know nothing. "

" Who am I ? Jon Snow ? "

" He knows more than you. "

" Hey, it's still your dream. Don't give up on it. I'm watching you from here. "

" It's just really much. My studies... the part time jobs... "

" I know, you look a little zombie-ish. "

You gave him a sarcastic grin.

" Thank you Kyungsoo. "

" I still can't believe that your own parents don't support you. I know I already told you, but you know that I'm still here if you need any mo... - "

" Nah ! Forbidden word. "

" Just in case... - "

" I dare you ! "

" Hey, I'm serious. Don't work too much okay ? "

" I'll try. But I should better go to sleep now. "

" Okay sleep tight. "

" Bye. "

"Hey, Y/N. "

" What now ? "

" You're a pretty zombie. "

He smiled at you and his face disappeared.

He had never called you pretty before. Where did that come from ? Little shivers rushed down your arms. Sure, it was autumn and you were only wearing a t-shirt.

_______________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes here. Trying so hard to avoid them...