Chapter 5

Birthdays: Still twenty-three

Mood: Nervous

*****

I want this. I have wanted this my whole life.

" Geez, if you don't hold still I'm gonna poke you with those hairpins. ", your sister said while helping you with the last hair details.

You had been sure that every doubt inside of you would have disappeared by now. It had almost been a year since he had proposed to you. But why did it feel so strange ? You loved him. You really did.

" It's normal to be nervous, isn't it ? "

" Absolutely. I felt like dying at my first marriage. Don't worry, the second time's way better. "

You threw an ice-cold glare at her.

" I'm just playing with you. I'm glad you were never the person to rush into things like me. In fact, you always used to self-sabotage yourself until now. You deserve to be happy so much. C'mon, you've been stressed all day ! You're lucky that I prepared some sandwiches. "

" Oh... no not now. "

" Trust me. Otherwise you'll starve. "

" Forget about the damn sandwiches ! I still got a lot to do and I'm sure I forgot something... "

Your sister sighed and left the room.

" I should warn you that bridezilla is in there. ", she said to someone.

You took one of the bouquets and were about to throw it against the wall, but a familiar voice made you freeze.

" Wow... "

You hesitantly turned around.

" You lied. You can look beautiful. "

" Kyungsoo. "

You looked at him, then at the little treasure he held in his arms.

" Auntie looks good, doesn't she ? "

" Nari ! "

You immediately smiled.

" Hello princess ! "

You rushed to Kyungsoo to take her little hands in your big hands.

" She has grown so much ! "

You played with her hands and you weren't sure if Nari was smiling or not, though it was difficult to tell with her 2 months. However it looked beautiful .

" Yes I know. "

You finally looked at Kyungsoo.

" I already thought you... "

" You thought I wouldn't make it ? Never would I miss your wedding. "

You quickly hugged him.

" Good, because I would have kicked your butt otherwise ! "

" Woah careful. Baby ! "

You grinned.

" But how did you get Sooyun to let Nari go with you ? "

Your eyes widened.

" You didn't break in and steal her, did you ? "

You had watched the horrible war between them for a long time. Since Kyungsoo had decided to get divorced a few months ago Sooyun had been fighting to have the baby all for herself. Although Kyungsoo did happen to be Nari's biological father in the end. Before all that happened you had always tried to be nice to Sooyun, but you could tell that she didn't like you and sometimes she didn't even try to hide it. You had wondered how he could be with someone like her. But that wasn't the point. What she had done was cruel. And now you could finally tell Kyungsoo what you had been thinking about her for years. The only one you were sorry for was Nari.

And despite everything that had happened Kyungsoo smiled for you.

" We get along better. She's her mother after all. But I'm not here to talk about divorce ! You go out there and marry your... - fiancé ! "

" One last time, his name is Chanyeol. And I still got half an hour. "

You had never understood why Kyungsoo never said his name. But the situation was complicated anyway, since Chanyeol didn't seem to know what to do with Kyungsoo either. They had never become close friends.

" Okay, go and marry your Chan. And second, as your - very manly - bridesmaid I got everything planned. So of course I know."

You laughed a little. Kyungsoo was supposed to be your best man and your sister should be your bridesmaid, but you had decided that it would be funnier to switch their roles. You went forward and when you almost slipped thanks to the fabric of your wedding dress, you remembered that you would get married. You would get married now. And it all became real again.

" I'm so happy for you, Y/N."

He smiled.

To your surprise a tear rolled down your face and you immediately wiped it away, but it was followed by another one.

Why am I scared ?

He looked really surprised since you almost never cried, but he just gave you a light chuckle.

" Hey, what's that ? "

I'm scared, Kyungsoo...

" I guess it's just the emotions. I'm... happy as well. "

Please tell me what I should do.

" You have a beautiful daughter, and I'm going to get married !", you said to him. "I never thought that we'd make it so far. "

" I always did. " He looked at you with a trace of melancholy. "Y/N... you're okay, aren't you ?"

You nodded and smiled at him. But you had to force yourself to do it.

Nari started to move in Kyungsoo's arms and made a noise of impatience. That woke him up.

" I should feed her now. I see you up there. "

" Okay. "

Please save me.

" ... - Kyungsoo ? "

" Hm ? "

You didn't know what to say. But you didn't need to say anything because Nari started to move heavier and stretched her arms out in your direction. Kyungsoo looked really excited.

" She has never done this before... "

You were surprised too. This had to be a good sign, wasn't it ?

" Can I hold her ? "

" Of course ! "

He gave Nari to you and you hugged her. You hadn't done this since the time she had been a newborn.

And that was when she threw up on your dress.