Chapter 11

Birthdays: Twenty-nine

Mood: Angry as f*ck

*****

" Are you feeling better now ? ", you asked.

" I guess I am. "

" Good. "

You slapped Kyungsoo in the face. Hard.

" What the fuck has gotten into you ! How could you do this to us ? To your Family ? To Nari ! For god's sake, to your six year old daughter Kyungsoo !! "

" You think Nari is the Problem ? Then you're right. I'm only thinking about Nari. It's like she's controlling my brain. I'm thinking about being a good role model which I can't do, because I can't even manage my own fucking life !"

He buried his face in his Hands.

You climbed on the hospital bed and took his hands away from his face.

" No, you're not going to hide your face like that. Answer me properly. Were you trying to kill yourself... with that drug overdose. "

He didn't answer.

" Were you !! "

" No. I wasn't. "

He looked at you and you could see that he was speaking the truth.

" All I wanted was to make it. To hold my family together. To hold my career together. I feel like a complete failure. Y/N, what is happening to us ? The last two years we kept working, nothing else. We have barely seen each other. Allthough... I needed you so much. Still need you. "

" Why didn't you say anything ? Why did you let me believe that everything was okay while I was stuck in my own world like an idiot ?"

„ Because I'm even more confused when you're around ! "

" What do you mean ? "

He pulled you into a hug and you could see that his pupils were still not completely back to their normal size.

" Kyungsoo... you need to rest..."

" Please don't say anything. Just hug me. Please. "

You stayed with him all day and you two talked about everything you had missed while he sobered up completely. He told you that Nari was growing so fast, that he felt guilty because he seemed to miss so much and how he and Sooyun were slowly becoming strangers. You told him that you wondered if you would ever be able to start a new relationship and that you just didn't seem to have an artistic breakthrough allthough you worked hard because your style was just too abnormal for most people. You two seemed to be broken somehow. Sometimes you felt like laughing and sometimes like crying.

„ Maybe once you turn thirty some things are just meant to go south.", he said.

„ Oh, don't act like a sixty-year-old. You know it's not the truth."

„ How would you know, kiddo ? You're still in your twenties."

„ Don't start this again."

You hit him with a pillow and somehow made him smile. Your bag fell off the bed and a few magazines were exposed.

" What are those ?"

" We used to read this stuff a long long time ago. Remember ? I thought it might cheer you up."

He picked one up and opened it at some random page.

" Of course I do. Hey, it's SNSD. I still remember that Tiffany used to be my celebrity crush."