Chapter 13

Birthdays: Thirty-three

Mood: Calm

*****

You watched the sunset in Cuba as you drove the cabriolet along the highway, the sea right to your side. The whole time traveling you had stayed in contact with your family. But you didn't write Kyungsoo or Nari. They didn't know anything. That was how you wanted it. No one questioned your last wishes. You were a grown woman after all.

„Back then I thought that you were cheating on me. I thought you had someone else waiting for you.", you said.

Jongin shook his head.

„ I would never have done that. Right when I met you I knew that you were someone special. But I just couldn't give you what you needed to be happy."

„ I know. And I kind of understand it now."

„ But I shouldn't have run away like a fool, Y/N. I should have taken my time to explain. I should have been there for you."

„ Yup, for that you're still an Idiot. But you're also my friend. And even though I tried to think differently, I don't want to lose you. Jongin. I want you to know that thanks to you I spent the most exciting twenty months of my life."

„ That sounds like a goodbye."

„ Kind of."

He looked at you but you kept your eyes on the road.

„ A tumor is growing inside my brain."

„ Fuck.", he just said.

„ Yeah... Fuck."

„ No, that's really big Fuck. Like... Fuck !!", he yelled.

„ FUCK !!"

„ FUCK !!!"

„FUUUCK !!!", you screamed out and laughed.

It soon was time for you to continue your journey. You were at the airport waiting for the boarding to begin. Some security people to your left side suddenly sounded very concentrated.

„ At the security check ? Did someone get hurt ? Blue clothes. Alright, we'll keep an eye open."

You were worried that something might have happened. Not really because of you, but because of the others. You weren't really at the point to worry about your life. Not anymore. Nothing mattered to you. You didn't even know where your flight would go, but you knew that it would be a good place. You were torn out of your thoughts when you heard a familiar voice behind you.

„ Let me go ! I need to see her!"

You immediately froze.

„ She can't just leave !"

You turned around very slowly and then you saw him. Blue Jeans, blue shirt and blue sneakers. The security people had pushed him to the ground and held him down. With his arms on his back he was unable to move. When his eyes met yours his painful expression disappeared. He was beautiful. You couldn't even say anything. You just watched how they took him away, his eyes not leaving yours.

„ Ladies and gentlemen, flight KL415 is now ready for boarding."

You stood there for a long time until your legs decided to carry you to the plane.

An hour had passed. Kyungsoo stood in front of the huge window and watched as the plane took off.

„ How did you find me?", you asked him and he turned around. His eyes widened.

„You're here."

„ I couldn't go. Just before the plane was ready to take off I ran back as fast as I could."