Alternative ending

This is an alternative ending, which happens after Chapter 13, replacing chapter 14 and 15.

*****

„ Have you seen my red jacket ?"

„ I washed it. Why, are you in a hurry ?"

„ Dad, how could you! I told you that I needed it, he's picking me up in a few minutes."

„ I'm sorry Nari, but I just love doing laundry. Yup, because your dad has nothing better to do."

„ Okay okay. I'll do it next time. Satisfied ?"

„ Wait, are you going to keep that skirt on ?"

„ I'm fifteen years old dad. If someone jumps on me I guess I'll have to handle that myself."

„ Funny. I trust nothing but your marshalll arts skills."

„ I'm leaving."

„ Take care Princess, I love you."

„ Dad... cheesy !", she said in a singing voice.

Kyungsoo sighed. When did his name start turning from „Daddy~!" into an annoyed „Dad..." ?

It seemed like yesterday that it had been her first school day. She had been all excited and even afraid of being by herself. He was torn out of his thoughts when his cellphone rang.

„ Hello ?  Yes... ... Really ? What happened ?"

Nari noticed that Kyungsoo was getting worried.

„Sure. I'm going to pick him up. Yeah, thanks for calling me."

„ Did something happen to Chinhae ?", Nari asked when she heard him sigh.

„ He started crying at pre school and won't talk to anyone."

„ He doesn't cry a lot. Something must've happened."

„ The group had to draw pictures of their moms and present them."

Nari put her bag on the floor and sat down next to Kyungsoo.

„ Dad ? Are you okay ?"

„ Yes..."

„ I can tell when you're lying."

The doorbell rang and Nari opened the door. She greeted Junsu with a kiss and told him to come in.

„ Is it okay if we go out some other time and stay here today ? It's kind of... an emergency."

„ What happened ?"

„ It's just about my brother."

Junsu nodded and smiled at her, knowing how much Nari cared about her little brother.

When Kyungsoo came home with Chinhae the little boy immediately stormed to his room and closed the door. Kyungsoo followed him and knocked on the door.

„ Hey, buddy. Can I come in ?"

No answer. Kyungsoo slowly opened the door and found his son sitting on his bed.

„ Chinhae-Yah. What happened ?"

„ Daddy... why don't I have a mum ? Everyone has a mum and a dad. Everyone could tell new stories, but I could only tell old ones. I'm not even in most of them."

„ Look... sweetie. You know that your mum passed away when you were two years old, right ?"

„ Yes, you talk a lot about her. But I don't feel like I know her. I'm mad at her."