Chapter 9

Birthdays: Twenty-seven

Mood: Relaxed

*****

The photo showed her blowing out the candles on her Birthday cake.

" Yes, I got it. And It's so cool that you did all four at once ! You're a big girl, Nari ! "

" Only because daddy helped me. But next time I'll do it alone. "

" When it comes to cake your dad can be really impatient. He likes it even more than Spaghetti. "

" Yes he loves Spaghetti. But I think Daddy likes butter the most. "

" Uhm... butter ? "

" Yesterday we bought groceries and he said he is in love with his butter. And then he kissed the butter and laughed. "

And Nari laughed as well.

" Hey Babe, did you see my sweater ? ", you heard a voice behind you and you almost got a heart attack.

" Who's that ? ", Nari asked.

" Uhm, Auntie still has some things to do. I'm going to hang up. Tell your daddy I'll send him the pictures I took and be a good girl okay ? Love you, byye ! "

You hung up and immediately hit your lover, who you thought had already left, with a book.

" What are you still doing here ! And don't you dare call me babe again ! "

" Ow ! Like I told you, I forgot my sweater. And really ? You seemed to like that after what we did last night. " He grinned.

You sighed, picked the sweater up from the couch and threw it at him.

" Here you go. Bye. "

He put it on and then he just stood in your living room, staring at you.

" Aren't you going to leave ? "

" To be honest I wanted to ask for your phone number. We barely know each other, but I think it's not too much to ask if we could maybe have a coffee or... "

You rolled your eyes. What you wanted was clear: No. Feelings.

" Which part of One night stand don't you understand ? "

" Come on. What kind of food do you like ? I bet you're into the mexican cuisine."

You were, and you couldn't tell how he knew. But you weren't even going to spend one more minute with him.

" I have to work."

" So you don't even want to know my name ? "

" Fine, tell me and then leave. "

" It's Jongin."

" Uh-huh."

You were starting to clean some things up, not even looking at him anymore.

" Do you want to know what I do for living ? "

You turned around.

" You already told me that you're a waiter, sherlock. "

" Right, that's what I tell everyone. But since I like you I'll tell you the truth: I'm a dancing teacher for groups of special children."

" You mean... disabled.... ?"

" Special. I prefer that one."

" Wow, so you're good looking and responsible. ", you said and he saw that you had a curious expression on your face.

" Yeah, my kind is not extinct. Not yet."

You stopped your acting.

" And I know you're lying. Leave. "

He chuckled and pulled a business card of a dance studio out of his pocket. He then gave it to you.

" I would love it if you came to watch us someday. "

Then he left. What did that brat even want from you ?